SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for some direction

My homeowners association, which is very small, 31 homes, wants a website so that we can put the bylaws online and a calander of events on line. We do not have very much stuff to put on there. So I am looking for some direction, we are very tight on funds, as a matter of fact I am thinking about donationing the money for the URL, and once again we have a very small amount of information that needs to go on the site. So the direction I am looking for is, would I be ok to go with some free web hosting site? Should I say away from free and go with one of the cheap places? Not real sure what to do as I am new to the hosting aspect. Your direction would be greatly appreciated. Please e-mail me at mvolger@aatfd.org with some direction. Thanks in advance.

Marc

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When your trying to be professional and want to be taken seriously online you should probebly consider some form of paid hosting. What you put into your site is what people will get out of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hosting is very cheap these days. It will be better to go for paid hosting only.

Good luck

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    free hosts are not reliable and they dont even respond to your mails or your request for hosting. you can hosts at $1/month.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't trust free hosting companies, use a cheap one. They are more reliable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joker2007 View Post
    I don't trust free hosting companies, use a cheap one. They are more reliable.
    Better free company then paid provider. In any case that would be no difference in the quality and you will save some money
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation,
    dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting