User Tag List

Thread: Tips To Success

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tips To Success

I believe that this topic will help the reader to have a clearer understanding of success and it provides what is needed to be done to maintain a successful life.

To a large extent, whatever one becomes in life depends on his personal decision. Life is what you make out of it. If you are not successful in life, it is your fault and not that of God. The Bible records that prosperity is the will of God for his children. Your life has been packaged by God for greatness irrespective of how and where you were born.

There is no theory or principle that states that once you come from a poor family background, you must remain poor forever. There is need for proper planning in life. Your life as a child is the product of the plans made for you by your parents or guardian, while your life as an adult is the product of the plans you made from your teenage stage to your present stage in life. This is why you need to make wise decisions today, so that in the future you will not look back and regret the decisions that destroyed you.

What is your opinion about this. Please reply......

SitePoint Enthusiast RachWilson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should get some interesting replies having used the "G" word. I do agree that what you get in life is what you create, we are all responsible for our own success and some people do use the stories of their past as their excuse as to why they haven't succeeded.

I also believe that everything happens for a reason and while some of my own history hasn't been fantastic, I choose to learn something positive from it and utilise it to move forward to the success I choose to create for myself.

Life is just too damn short and there is so much more to it than staying in the same job, in the same town with the same people for decades IMO...

So my tip for success for people when they complain about not having the things they want is "don't tell me why you can't have it, tell me why you can..." The mental game we play with ourselves makes all the difference... Our unconscious mind is programmed to answer any question we ask... so ask the right questions.

Examples:

Don't ask "why is this happening to me?", instead ask "how can I turn this around?"
    Don't ask "why can't I succeed?", instead ask "what do I need to learn or know so I can succeed?"

Either way you'll come up with answers, may as well come up with answers that will get you somewhere you want to go :P

---end of rant---

✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are just two tips. Focus and persistence. That's what makes the geniuses, that's what makes the rich. Just the laziness stands in anyone's way. Ironically, the laziness is what most people see as the ultimate goal. So no wonder then that they choose it first over success.
    Saul

Theoretical Physics Student bronze trophy Jake Arkinstall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Success is achieving something you set your mind to, whether it be securing your future and your family or getting that scrunched-up paper into that bin from 15m.

Your motivation is personal to you. Some people have religion for motivation or, more commonly, inspiration; Personally I am unfortunate enough to not have (nor desire) faith, though faith is something I may acquire in the distant future.

My personal motivation is my enthusiasm for what I do and knowing what I will get out of it - and that is something that works for me. Keeping myself open-minded, cool-headed and optimistic (bordering naive) gives me fuel to go further - which, in the end, life is all about: Progress.
    Jake Arkinstall
    "Sometimes you don't need to reinvent the wheel;
    Sometimes its enough to make that wheel more rounded"-Molona

Keep Moving Forward gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'm not sure I've achieved 'Success' yet. So I have no advice really to give anyone on how to be a 'Success'.

And that word might be a little subjective. To one person success might be earning $2,000,000.00 a month. To someone else it might be scoring a goal from a free-kick. To someone else it might be seeing a child through school.

Difficult question.

Trying to fill the unforgiving minute
    with sixty seconds' worth of distance run.

Update on Sitepoint's Migration to Discourse

Keep Moving Forward gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun(OfTheDead)
    To one person success might be earning $2,000,000.00 a month. To someone else it might be scoring a goal from a free-kick. To someone else it might be seeing a child through school.
    hmm... But I guess with any of those three achievements in mind, the process is one of thought and hard-work. So perseverance and focus, as php_daemon and arkinstall have already said.

Trying to fill the unforgiving minute
    with sixty seconds' worth of distance run.

Update on Sitepoint's Migration to Discourse

✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun(OfTheDead) View Post
    To one person success might be earning $2,000,000.00 a month.
    Yeah... with that I'd probably be taken hostage by the government, taxed at 99% and be made a "national hero". On the other hand, I'd be long gone from here by the time I make that.
    Saul

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Success...everyone's dreaming to become one. Well here are some: source: tips for success

1.Mental conditioning fro success -start with an intention to become successful
    2.Be creative and open to new idea
    3.Stay focused and energized
    4.Take calculated risks
    5.Remember: Failure is a blessing
    6."Taste" Success
    7.Feel the feeling of ownership, never slow down
    8.Address personal issues
    9.Learn to manage your energy, Take Action!
    10.Stay disciplined!!

Goodluck!!!!