SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

September already!

Man, time really flies! It's already September, christmas songs were already playing next door...and the count down to Christmas has already started.

Anyone excited for the holidays?
    sig space open...

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Are you kidding? I'm not even going to admit that Summer's almost over despite what the calendar says. Personally, I don't get into the spirit until after Thanksgiving, and then a panic sets off a rush.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still Spetember bro, don't to excited. Last year (2008) from september to december is financial crisis. Hope not happen again.

SitePoint Enthusiast RachWilson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1st day of spring here, finally on the bright side of winter... now, bring on summer!!!

Oh and yes, excited about the holidays, love Christmas with it's many days off, BBQ's, summer fun and copious amounts of alcohol! How many sleeps to go??

secure webapps for all Aleksejs's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here this is the first day of school. And first day of autumn/fall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ha! I guess we are just advance on the holiday spirit. Whenever the BER month comes, all the people are thinking about Christmas already. i wouldn't be surprise if I see any Christmas decoration on the streets one of these days...

Quote Originally Posted by RachWilson
    How many sleeps to go??
    114 sleeps to go...
    sig space open...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And so begins for me 3 winters in a row! Off to Australia in March next year, so I'll be freezing for that time!
    I'm Rhys Wynne & I blog at Winwar Media
    WP Email Capture: Free Email/Ebook Marketing Wordpress Plugin
    UK Based SEO? Tweet Your Location to #ukseohere!
    | My Brand New Brand | Twitter |

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy conradical's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good grief. Some radio station actually played a Christmas song already. Fall and Winter are my favourite seasons. I love the cold gloomy skies.

SQL Consultant gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    HEY!! WHAT'S GOING ON AROUND HERE??!!!!

actually, this year we are very lucky -- we get an extra week of [insert your longitudinal hemispheric season of choice]

labour day, which is celebrated in canada and the united states (and possibly elsewhere, although some parts of the world do it may 1st) comes this year as late as it possibly can -- labour day is always the first monday of september, and this year that's the 7th

effectively, it gives us an extra week (aug 31 - sept 4) of summer holidays, since summer holidays almost always include the labour day long weekend, and school typically resumes on the tuesday or wednesday after labour day

not to mention the extra week of anticipation before football schedules like the NFL resume, which this year isn't until the traditional sunday games on the 13th (if you disregard the upstart but highly popular thursday night game, this year between the titans and steelers on the 10th)
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL
    "giving out my real stuffs"

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It really bugs me when people talk about christmas this early, you can understand talking about the subject the month before and then getting into the spirit in December but September (we are still over 3 months away - 1/4 of a year people!)... come off it, that's just crazy.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Crazybanana's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    just a matter of time before temps creep below zero, and the snow will cover the top of our mountains... it's Autumn my friend, with color change and the arrival of the night becomes noticeably earlier... it is preparing the cold nights colors, when snow crystals starts to glow; - and the shadows are painted blue against the white white carpet of cold innocent snow, both covering and enlightening the surface we step on... it begins in September... I have seen snow too in September... September, where it begins.......
    Who's to doom when the judge himself is dragged before the bar

SitePoint Enthusiast WickedGoddess's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whenever the calendar's month ends with "BER", most of us think it's near Xmas... It's like a default or something. I'm not thinking about it this early since I still need to earn money tho I'm excited

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is how the stores play out seasons by month and after years of observation.

Christmas crap starts entering the stores by Beginning of October, Halloween hasn't even come and gone yet and already the Christmas crap arrives. Back to School crap arrives now by Mid-July (use to be end of July but that is too late for the stores, gotta get your mind prepared and ready to SPEND ON PENCILS AND RULERS and PAPER (because we care about the environment <g>)Summer crap arrives by March, because if you live in a climate area of the world and it's still freezing cold they have to remind you of the heat (now some may like to be reminded of summer, while others like me don't) Easter and Valentines are combined and already start arriving in the stores right after your fed up with Christmas and New Years and don't want to see another holiday, although people complain about this year in and year out yet they do the same thing, they make there Christmas out to be the best this year, they prepare they spend and there Christmas doesn't turn out to be that SUPER CHRISTMAS they wanted, and then they have some family fights and well that end it there. And when Valentines comes you also get your Credit Card bill from Christmas, but your loved one wants some flowers and chocolates so despite you rolling over, because of the debt you made you cave in for that one day, buy the flowers and chocolate, maybe get lucky with sex and then 24-48 hrs later you argue because you have major bills to pay off and that special valentine you really only wanted for the sex and then you wanted to get back into gear to pay your bills off, but SHE or HE wants more out of the relationship. And that is how the cycle goes year in and year out from a general point of view.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Tailslide's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't believe summer is over... two weeks camping in the rain in France - not exactly what i had in mind! *sigh*

Just spent nearly a whole day sewing on and ironing on name labels to the kids school clothes (they start back on Thursday).

On the early Christmas thing - I used to work in a rather famous department store in London beginning with "H". For years they'd be innundated with complaints because they didn't set up their Christmas department till November. So eventually they start the Christmas Department in August (just one department mind - not the whole store). And then - guess what - they're inundated with complaints because they set up the dept. before November!! I guess it's one of those things that they just can't win!

That said I can't bear having all the Christmas crap up from October which you see so much nowadays. I get so sick of it. I long for the times when it didn't appear until December.
    Little Blue Plane Web Design
    Blood, Sweat & Rust - A Land Rover restoration project

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    me me me very excited for the christmas holidays
    but what i'm excited most of this month september is the very 1st birthday of my baby daughter ^__^ and ofcourse my birthday. yipppeeeee!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by devAngel View Post
    Man, time really flies! It's already September, christmas songs were already playing next door...and the count down to Christmas has already started.

Anyone excited for the holidays?

yah... thats right...

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    SiberianHuskey, You want my recommendation for a therapist for xmas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoa it's SeptemBER already? I didn't even notice that. LOL!

Well bring it on snow, halloween, thanksgiving, christmas or whatever. and bring me gifts too!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alex - No ! Doesn't anyone notice this ? Maybe in Europe they don't do this but I can assure you they do it in North America, maybe they do, do this in Europe but no one notices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to hibernate until December.
    hoang harry tran [harrytran.com]
    get RICH quick by going to my site. rich in useless knowledge

recently redesigned the site, witness its greatness

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a South African living in Europe and this whole Autumn in September instead of what I am used to (Spring!) is a bit too much for me... I love the summer and the hot weather and it's gone already Summer in Europe doesn't really last. That's my opinion.

✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wake me up when September ends...

Always wanted to say that
    Saul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ordinary month

Keep Moving Forward gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 'BER' month. I'll have to remember that one.

Trying to fill the unforgiving minute
    with sixty seconds' worth of distance run.

Update on Sitepoint's Migration to Discourse

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The year just flies past.