SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys.

Does anybody use commision Junction.com as affiliate program? Either it's me or something is wrong as I'm not selling/earning anything with it. My Cj account balance has been on 0.04 dollars for two Months!

The other affiliate program I am using Dimeclicks.com give 0.17 cents per click and I have already earned over a dollar after two days! And Sitegadgets.com are also giving hundreds of times more than Cj.com!?

I'm just asking if someone else isn't earning anything.

Lord of the Underworld
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    eh!

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had similar things happen. Burst on their payment page said they owed me $16.7million (2^24 if you want the FULL number) but I calculated and they owed me closer to like $50 and they haven't paid. Oh well I don't really care anymore.

Amazon.com affiliate program which I signed up with has my account balance at around $5 and it's been that way for almost two years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah and it just bugs me that even one of the webs largest and most popular affiliate programs either have some bugs or just don't want to pay you.

If the problem with my account balance consists I'll delete my membership and move to a better program.

------------------
    www.123hyperlinks.com - Founder and owner
    Webmaster resources and
    freebies!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not that the affiliate programs have bugs, it just that that sort of money-making structure is hard to profit from unless you have high traffic. I have been with Amazon.com for 3 years, and didn't start making a considerable amount of $ until my traffic was very high (thousands of unique visitors per day). It also depends what kind of links you have... with amazon, for instance, relevant links next to content & hand-picked selections work best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes but I have only selected affiliate programs witch target the same audience as mine like domain registration, promotion, webdesign and so on.

When/If my traffic get's high enough I'll move to an advertising company as they give a larger amount of money per click. Like www.advertising.com

------------------
    Webmaster resources and
    freebies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't go wrong with Advertising.com...just got a $20 check from them that I'd forgotten I even earned...so you don't have to nag them to get what you're owed...and they're a large enough of an organization that they won't try to rip you off...

------------------
    Chris Bowyer
    MyCoding.com: Join our mailing list for launch notification!
    "I'm not an insomniac, I'm a web designer."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's right! I have only heard positive reactions to advertising.com and a few of my friends use it.

------------------
    Webmaster resources and
    freebies!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard positive things too, but I've had a very negative experience with Advertising.com. After a couple months of nice checks from them they sent me an email reading "we've elected to drop your account due to a report from our early warning system software" with no real explanation, then my account manager there stopped responding to my mail. I've moved to CJ.com and made about $20 in my first month (about the same I was getting from advertising.com).

--
    Dan Grossman (webmaster@websitegoodies.com)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Lars,

A lot of what you earn will depend on a number of factors which you have not mentioned:

* How many visitors do you have?
    * How many of them are unique?

Your site seems pretty well laid out, but what content have you got? Without being too brutal, you've got a list of links, some free graphics, and some sections that are incomplete or not available.

If you could build on the content you have - by which I mean text articles, or a compelling feature/service which will draw people back your site, you are more likely to get repeat visitors who you can develop a relationship with. Once you have that, you will find you will sell more.

I'm speaking from experience here - I began making websites with a small psychology site, just a handful of pages and a lot of links. Now I have a search engine of those other sites, free email, parser pages for Amazon and eBay within my pages, a bookstore, as well as a load more content. It was only when all this started to come together that I started to make money, because my visitors came back.

I hope this helps. It's a nice site design you've got - add some content and I think your sales will go up.

Regards,

------------------

Andrew Peacock
    http://www.associatelink.com
    Not just another list of associate programs!

[This message has been edited by andrew_peacock (edited July 06, 2000).]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah guys, but the big weakness in advertising.com is your monthly revenue doesn't carry over to the next month if you don't reach minimum payment. This can be very frustrating, believe me.

------------------
    Marc James
    http://www.sports-central.org
    webmaster@sports-central.org

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, and I, too, used Commission-Junction for a month or so and earned some pitiful like $.04. Yuck!

------------------
    Marc James
    http://www.sports-central.org
    webmaster@sports-central.org

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I signed up with commission junction and a bunch of different affiliate programs through them. I too think that the $$$ figures and click-through numbers that they're reporting are very low. It's nice to know it's not just me. I was just planning to monitor how certain links did on my home page and then remove those that aren't bringing in the $$$. Does anyone have a better way... a tool that does the analysis for you. It gets complicated when you have so many different affiliate programs and places to look for the information.