User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photoshop design

Hi,

As I've posted before, I'm designing my first site in photoshop for a mate. I'm then planning on slicing it and using css.

I got it all up and ready to put into css and *nope*, he doesn't like the design. (I think I raised his expectations because I showed him the banner first)

Anyway, my question is does it matter how I design the page in photoshop? IE I'm assuming that I'm just slicing it up into separate images and so therefore things like layer transparancy and such is not important?

Can anyone think of any large issues I might run into or things to consider when designing the page? (I'm creating it at 1024x768 with a 150px border at the top and side)

Cheers!!

Nick

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There really aren't any issues that I can think of. You can always find a way to slice up something in photoshop and use it later. Some more complicated parts might be a little more tricky but it's still possible.

Just make anything you like and challenge yourself to covert it to HTML.

good luck
    Check out my web design blog.
    http://www.bolducpress.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use strach technique for HTML
    My Websites Stone,
    Hotel, Jewelry, Hotels DIR, Web Design Websites.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the only problem i run into sometimes are with lighting effects... for example if you want to have a button link for example that has a lighting effecting when you hover over it or something. You need to make sure you get all of the lighting in that image slice. Sometimes I will miss just a pixel or two and it looks like it was cut off making it look unnatural. Other than that you can pretty much slice up any thing you create with ease.