SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Self-hosted "domain for sale" script

I have 40 domains bought for various projects over the years, but these are the left over ones that neither me nor my associates have time for. What's the easiest way to get fair value for them? I'm not desperate for cash and they aren't expiring soon so I thought about self-hosting them with a "for sale" page, but can't find a script to manage inquiries. All the domain escrow companies want too much money to broker them (ie: sedo is $50 minimum) and a lot of these may not be worth that much. They do get type-in traffic and I was about to set up Google AdSense for parked domains until I saw what a chore that will be to set up all 40 of them. I've never sold domains before so I'm a bit at a loss how to proceed. Any advise is appreciated so if anyone has a good suggestion for monetization or marketing, I'm all ears.
    ~Dorian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can park few domain names which seems to be sold out easily and set up adsense for remaining domain names preferably with blogs of different niche.

Certified Ethical Hacker silver trophybronze trophy dklynn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    theGWS,

Why don't you put all your "useless" domains in a single folder and use a single script to fetch the {HTTP_HOST} and e-mail you the results of a contact form (once validated) which included the domain of interest.

Be prepared to answer questions about how much you want and how the transfer can be made (to prevent fraud, a REPUTABLE escrow company should be involved).

Regards,

DK
    David K. Lynn - Data Koncepts is a long-time WebHostingBuzz (US/UK)
    Client and (unpaid) WHB Ambassador
    mod_rewrite Tutorial Article (setup, config, test & write
    mod_rewrite regex w/sample code) and Code Generator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dklynn View Post
    Why don't you put all your "useless" domains in a single folder and use a single script to fetch the {HTTP_HOST} and e-mail you the results of a contact form (once validated) which included the domain of interest.
    I haven't the slightest clue how to do that, nor even know where to begin looking to figure it out on my own.
    ~Dorian