SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Javascript navigation bar.

How would I go about creating a javascript navigation bar?

I want it to be a drop down where you can click on it and the bar drops down or just a cool navigation bar.

Second one is fine. I just have words for navigation now and want to make a box basically around the words so it's easier to click on the links and more recognizable.

Anyone know of a good program for website also? CSS/HTML roughly $200 that will help me build a website from scratch.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can achieve what you are looking for with javascript but I would not recommend it for a beginner. Search engines have difficulty determining the link structure of a website that uses javascript for navigation. Additionally, many people don't have javascript enabled. This type of navigation was common a long time ago but not so much anymore...

Most of what I believe you are looking for can be achieved with CSS drop down menus.

floater

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by floater View Post
    You can achieve what you are looking for with javascript but I would not recommend it for a beginner. Search engines have difficulty determining the link structure of a website that uses javascript for navigation. Additionally, many people don't have javascript enabled. This type of navigation was common a long time ago but not so much anymore...

Most of what I believe you are looking for can be achieved with CSS drop down menus.

floater
    Oh ok, thanks. This is a bummer though. My website navigation is horrible. I am using godaddy with website tonight program. Only way I could probably do this is javascript.