User Tag List

whagwan? silver trophybronze trophy akritic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Opera 10 RC1 is here!

Efforts indicate a September 1st launch for Opera 10 Final

Opera today released the first release candidate for Opera 10. Today's release points to a September 1st launch for the final version of Opera 10. You can download and test the release candidate from www.opera.com/browser/next/.

The Opera 10 release candidate is feature complete, with a surprising array of new features, a fresh look and feel, a new application icon, and enhanced speed and performance. Opera 10 features Opera Turbo, the new bandwidth-booster for slow Internet connections. It also features a significantly improved Opera Mail, Opera's built-in e-mail client. Tabbed browsing enters the next phase of its evolution with resizeable, thumbnail tabs. The upgrade of Opera's Speed Dial now gives users a chance to personalize their favorite online destinations and the overall look and feel of their start page.
    SOURCE
    Well, this is about as close to Opera 10 as you can get. New application icon too!

What do think about the new UI? What about those Tab-previews?

Mazel tov! bronze trophy kohoutek's Avatar
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The logo is much, much better. The interface is slick, easy, simple, smart.

I tend to have fifteen or more tabs open at any given time, so the tab preview is something I find most convenient.

I've been using the Beta for quite a while, so the RC isn't all that much of a change to me. But I think I'm finally going to completely ditch FF, as I'm slowly getting used to using Dragonfly as opposed to Firebug.
    Maleika E. A. | Rockatee | Twitter | Dribbble

whagwan? silver trophybronze trophy akritic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You're right, there isn't much that can be visibly seen to have changed since the beta, and so for those who'd tried the betas this isn't going to surprise them.

I've only seen screenshots of the new mac-UI, but I think it will please most Mac users. I wouldn't mind having it on windows to be honest.

The only thing to note about this RC is that by default installs as an upgrade to Opera 9, and not the v10 beta. Not a problem for me, since I intended to do that anyway, but you can reset it to install as an upgrade to the beta.

Barefoot on the Moon! silver trophy Force Flow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I usually have about 80 tabs open...lots of various projects and whatnot...

So far, the betas have looked pretty good...I'm looking forward to the final
    Visit The Blog | Follow On Twitter
    301tool 1.1.5 - URL redirector & shortener (PHP/MySQL)
    Can be hosted on and utilize your own domain

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changelog of Opera 10.0 Release Candidate(if someone is interesting):

User Interface

* New application icon
    * Fixed the new tab button on the sides
    * Various small Visual Tabs fixes
    * Fixed a BitTorrent crash
    * Fix to jumping up/down of the new tab button while on the sides
    * Fixed Bug DSK-195906 (Opera error page selects URL field when displayed, also when focus is already inside URL field)
    * Fixed Bug DSK-257578 ("..." in site titles in some cases overlap the close button)
    * Fixed Bug DSK-258585 (Can't remove menu button when main menu is disabled): The menu button can be removed as any other toolbar button now (upgraders may have to reset the toolbar first)
    * Fixed Bug DSK-261205 (Strings don't fit in Preferences > Downloads [pl])
    * Fixed Bug DSK-261206 (Strings don't fit in Preferences > Programs [pl])
    * Fixed Bug DSK-261757 (Missing "splitter" in bookmark split view)
    * Fixed Bug DSK-261933 (Text cut off in startup dialog (Polish translation))
    * Fixed Bug DSK-261962 ("Reset Toolbar to Its Default" resets all toolbars, not just the current)
    * Fixed Bug DSK-262181 (Empty [dropdown widget] section added to custom shortcuts by update)
    * Fixed Bug DSK-262283 (Skin.ini section inconsistencies)

Core

* Various crash fixes
    * Fixed Bug CORE-19376 (Crash navigating history)
    * Fixed Bug CORE-23125 (Adding IFRAME with javascript: src through DOM adds history entry (Yandex))

Opera Mail

* Fixed a crash
    * Fixed Bug DSK-245600 (Mail imported into account with no downloading of message bodies loses bodies)
    * Fixed Bug DSK-261035 (Crash when opening image attachments)
    * Fixed Bug DSK-261459 (Go to Unread View when requested, don't reuse a maximized mail view)

Windows

* Crash Fix
    * Reverted Fix to Bug DSK-241262 (Error message when opening HTML files if Opera is not already running): This caused DSK-262363
    * Fixed Bug DSK-259756 (Installer removes icon pinned to the Windows 7 task bar)
    * Fixed Bug DSK-260498 (The list of closed tabs needs clicks to be shown)
    * Fixed Bug DSK-262363 (Other programs using the http protocol to open websites in Opera just open blank page in Windows Vista and Windows 7)
    * Fixed Bug DSK-259743 (Closed tabs and new tab buttons have non-native looks in native skin)
    * Fixed Bug DSK-262120 (Panel selector buttons in Native skin get Standard style when not on the left)
    * Fixed Bug DSK-262272 (Closed tabs and new tab positioned incorrectly when tabbar is placed on left or right side)

Mac

* Fixed Bug DSK-261726 (Closed Tabs button overlaps tabs when set to right or left and new tab button is disabled)

Unix

* Fixed Bug DSK-259575 (Dead keys don't seem to work on widgets)
    * Fixed Bug DSK-250495 (Spell checking not working for some UNIX users)

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    May I ask why your posting the changelog for a release candidate which has already gone final in a thread which hasn't been active for months?

Seems rather redundant and pointless doesn't it?