SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joomla to Wordpress

Just wondering if anyone has successfully migrated from Joomla to Wordpress?

I have a site running Joomla that I can't stand and I want it to run on Wordpress...

It's a tough task,but I want to migrate to it. I have some plugins that I need migrated over too such as Comments, and photo gallery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no automatic script or tool to do that. This is quite a manual migration process as the database tables need to be converted along with the information stored in them.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used the following script today to migrate over from Joomla 1.5.14 to wordpress 2.7

Since I can't post links just google "joomla2wordpress-import-wizard-v3"

After I finished the migration I upgraded my wordpress to the latest version. But since this script only supports wordpress 2.7 or less I started with it.

I did run into one problem with my joomla content titles having special characters in it like "!?.-" those have to be removed in order for it to be able to move them.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did see that and that did work for me, I need to get the plugins to migrate as well. I'm using yvcomment for comments and joomgallery for the gallery...Wonder how hard to how much it would cost to have it migrated over...I'd hate to lose all that.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use joomgallery also and use jomcomments for my comments. I haven't gotten that far yet but there will be quite a bit of work for the gallery but the comments should be pretty easy as long as you know how to work in mysql.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, and that I don't...lol...guess its time to learn.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I've started to look into is exporting my data from mysql using phpmyadmin to a csv files then opening it up in excel. Make the changes I need then saving it and reuploading it to the database.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll have to look into that.....Don't ya think URL structure would be a b**ch?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, yvcomments saved the comments to the DB under content...grrr