Thread: testing

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

testing

colo sse um-g ym. com/TE ST/
    i want to learn css from a to z,i decided to code few sites,no business just practise.
    most important things for me were valid code,SEO and crossbrowiser issues...

there are few errors i can se already,logo should be in h1,title fixed,css should be shorter

ie6 is annoying me soo much,i removed bottom separator on the left becase it is not working,but text on the right has some strange padding...i have no idea from where...it has seprate stylesheet,but it still takes styles from main one...if someone knows good site where it is explained,please reply

any advices what can be better and shorter and more seo...are welcome

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chiler View Post
    ,but text on the right has some strange padding...i have no idea from where...it has seprate stylesheet,but it still takes styles from main one...
    Hi,

Welcome to Sitepoint

You will have to be more specific with where this strange padding is (and in which version of IE) because I have looked in IE6 and Firefox and I didn't notice any difference on the home page.

Of course I may just be looking at the wrong thing which is why you need to point us to the exact elements in question (rather "than text on the right" - of which there seems to be very little).

Regarding your IE styslesheet you should only include the differences in the IE stylesheet and not the whole stylesheet again otherwise you make IE load 2 whole stylesheets for no reason.

Only keep the differences in the IE stylesheet and remember that these must over-ride what went before as all stylesheets are used by IE and the cascade will be in effect from the original stylesheets.

You are also serving the stylesheet to all IE and in you don't really want to do this as IE8 will need none of those hacks and IE7 will need very few.

You can supply to less than IE8 by using the correct syntax.
    Code:
    <!--[if lt IE 8]><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="estyle.css" media="all"/><![endif]-->
    See the Reference for full details.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks
    you are the among firist when you type "css forums" on google,congrats on that

i didnt know i should put only differences in seprate stylesheets,THANKS

here is that strange padding/margin
    i30.tinypic.c om/5fgr4k.jpg

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Hi,

The top padding is because the parent element doesn't have "haslayout and IE never looks after its children when the element doesn't have haslayout.

You can fix it with some proprietary IE code to cause haslayout.
    Code:
    .image2{zoom:1.0}
    Or use one of the other haslayout propeties if you want to use valid code.