SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast Ninth Dimension's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Layout mockup - solutions needed :)

Hi, I'm starting work on an Independent Study for university in which I'm building a website.

Part of the project involves building a paper prototype of the site's interface for testing purposes (Heuristic Evaluations and Cognitive Walkthroughs).

I'm not much of a drawer though, even straight lines, so I was looking for something that would be easier for me to use than putting pencil to paper, and think that I've found it in the form of Balsamiq Mockups, which seems to provide exactly what I need.

Only, at $79 for a licence, for something that's just a university project, it's a little bit too expensive. I looked for alternatives and found iPlotz, which does pretty much the same thing, but that is about the same price (even thought they have a free version, 5 wireframe pages just isn't going to be enough for what I need to do).

So, to cut a long story short, can anyone point me in the direction of some software which would allow me to easily create website interface mockups which is either free, or not quite as expensive as the two listed above.

Thank you

Design Your Site Team bronze trophy Erik J's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here you have two free tools:

The Pencil Project

Prototype Composer
    Happy ADD/ADHD with Asperger's