SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can we promote a blog with social networking sites?

I wonder how a great number of peoples effectively use social networking sites to promote the blog.I have read a couple of articles still i am unable to ascertain the potential in social networking sites in promotion.I have failed to get results from it.I really wish to explore what is the true essence of these sites.Any kind replies will be highly appreciated.

SitePoint Enthusiast meetmohit88's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here, i also have not recieved lot of traffic from social networking sites but this doesn't mean that they have no potential of driving traffic. some people are there whose primary source of traffic is social networking sites like twitter, digg etc. It depends upon you that how r u using these sites. u should have a lots of followers on twitter and don't use digg just to digg your stories, also make some friends there, interact with them, after all it is social networking.

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Social networking is about extending the user experience and getting more people involved in a community. Trying to use them to get people reading what you have to say isn't very social, spreading the word on social networks (viral marketing) is one thing but you need to use the social networks for their purpose to get the benefit from them. For example if you use something like Twitter, you should be using the service to make readers aware of what you are doing (in relation to your blog) rather than trying to promote the posts themselves. Think of them as an informal "word of mouth" solution, not a spamming tool.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kimcareen View Post
    I really wish to explore what is the true essence of these sites
    I think the concept of social networking sites lies on the premise that members have at least one thing in common. Because of this, it is not surprising that you will receive messages from people you do not really know or likewise, you could be interested in establishing contact with some of the members who might interest you.

So you can scout out potential customers and target markets with just a few clicks and keystrokes, adding a boost to your usual advertisements and promotional strategies.

I guess that's what has beed called the the true essence.

SitePoint Enthusiast moneymaker1008's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexDawson View Post
    Social networking is about extending the user experience and getting more people involved in a community. Trying to use them to get people reading what you have to say isn't very social, spreading the word on social networks (viral marketing) is one thing but you need to use the social networks for their purpose to get the benefit from them. For example if you use something like Twitter, you should be using the service to make readers aware of what you are doing (in relation to your blog) rather than trying to promote the posts themselves. Think of them as an informal "word of mouth" solution, not a spamming tool.
    Great post! I totally agree! I definitely think it is an excellent way to get your name out there. I have also made a lot of friends in my niche through social networking and these friendships have led to doing each other favors, like promoting each other's posts sometimes or giving each other the latest news.

-Danielle

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well I guess is you can promote your blog through social networking site by telling them that you had a blog. or you needed to add friends in your social networking.
    Acupuncture without Needles knee pain relief

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    social networking sometimes will work and dont work but you should be active and your site story should have unique.make more friends join more groups.If you are promoting on digg or propeller then you need more diggs to get traffic otherwise it will just go back and you even dont get atleast a hit to your site

SitePoint Guru silver trophy JamesColin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the keypoint of social bookmarking is the title of your content, and also a short description text. but the title is very important in getting users' attention in the first place. You can find on google articles on how to write effective titles, attention grabbing titles.
    Titles like
    Top 10 things that..
    11 things that..
    How to ... and become ...
    How doing ... makes ...
    Most Amazing Pictures of ...

etc.
    Do you really need traffic? Where to? What for?
    If you really do need traffic then stop messing around!
    Advertise on my sites today: She Told Me & Best Reviewer :
    200,000+ UV / Month

SitePoint Enthusiast moneymaker1008's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesColin View Post
    One of the keypoint of social bookmarking is the title of your content, and also a short description text. but the title is very important in getting users' attention in the first place. You can find on google articles on how to write effective titles, attention grabbing titles.
    Titles like
    Top 10 things that..
    11 things that..
    How to ... and become ...
    How doing ... makes ...
    Most Amazing Pictures of ...

etc.
    Another good point. Numbered lists and "how-to's" are almost always very popular. This is true not just for social bookmarking but for all of your link titles.

-Danielle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do a blog commenting...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO, it's cheaper to use online social networking for both personal and business use because most of it is usually free. While personal use is rather simple for anyone, the business functions are underestimated by many.

In a social networking site, you can scout out potential customers and target markets with just a few clicks and keystrokes, adding a boost to your usual advertisements and promotional strategies. It lets you learn about their likes and dislikes, which is tremendous. If you want to fine tune your business, then this is the way to go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just submit your blog to social bookmarking sites, make friends there and promote your products.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Social networking sites are good venues to boost traffic. I personally think it should be part of your promotion campaign, along with organic SEO. It is cheaper to employ online social networking strategies than to pay for advertising.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only social networking sites offer internet users with a search directory that you can use to locate particular individuals or groups.

You can search by categories like location, industry, interests and other unique preferences. This way, you do not waste your time and resources establishing connection with people you and your business have nothing in common with.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just post a creative and subtle article. don't copy other content because Google doesn't like plagiarism.
    Get paid to generate leads
    and put new distributors into your business.
    Become the hunted instead of the hunter.
    Free Video Series!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    make group of people who are interested with your niche.,,,,,,,,,,,,

publish some fresh content on your blog and share them with all............

it will gives you relevant traffic for your blog.