SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using Dragon Naturally speaking for coding?

hi,

does anyone have any experience using Dragon Naturally Speaking when designing their website?

Am considering getting the program, but am not sure if it will be effective when making my site/code. I am using Dreamweaver CS4

any input would be appreciated.

SitePoint Guru silver trophy JamesColin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personnally I gave up on it because I have a strong french accent and I've had so much trouble just training the software to my voice, it didn't understand a thing I read from the training text, I had to repeat the sentences too many times.
    For simple commands it worked ok, but to dictate anything in english, it was useless..

I don't know how effective it would be for a native english speaker to edit HTML code, but once you learn editing commands, then it is easy, but probably not as fast as with keyboard.
    Do you really need traffic? Where to? What for?
    If you really do need traffic then stop messing around!
    Advertise on my sites today: She Told Me & Best Reviewer :
    200,000+ UV / Month

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

This is a speech recognition software package which can be helpful in many ways as can be used in tooltip which you can use as a source of information for your web site.

Thanks!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wwsteel77 View Post
    hi,

does anyone have any experience using Dragon Naturally Speaking when designing their website?

Am considering getting the program, but am not sure if it will be effective when making my site/code. I am using Dreamweaver CS4

any input would be appreciated.
    I used a very old version ... 10 years ago at that time they were the best hope they still are. If I remember you can trigger commands so why not ?

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    wwsteel77, it's an interesting concept, may I ask why your want speech recognition versions (you could setup macro's on voice to trigger the commands), perhaps it's for a visually impaired coder wanting to edit HTML without needing to "see" the element's being used?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    More likely for someone with trouble typing. I met a coder who had little use of her hands and I'm 90% sure it was Dragon she was using, but she spoke Swedish.