User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by christina_angelo View Post
    Yes i am happy with my girlfriend but not with my wife.
    I don't know whether you meant to say that but if not, it was beautifully ironic.

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun(OfTheDead) View Post
    "Baby, I'd like to put my strong paragraph tag into your borderless div anyday!"

_

Now, if that isn't a geek joke I don't know what it is
    Quote Originally Posted by siberianhuskey
    I don't believe in marriage nor will I ever get married, that is fine with me. Girlfriends are a pain in the ***, sure I will admit I see attractive women from time to time, but having that burden on top of the problems I have already, no thank you. Being single is what I'll probably stay the rest of my life, with a dog or two dogs and a bird
    Hear you and feel the same way but towards men, of course. And no dogs or birds for me (love animals but can't have them).

I don't have a problem with dating sites. I do have a problem with people that have a partner and yet use dating sites to get a quicky. It is just out of my moral code and there's too much of that. I know there's normal people there and I know a few people that have used them. But then, I will never do, in the same way that I will never post an ad in a newspaper looking for new friends, lovers, boyfriends, husbands...etc.

Actually, I am having second thoughts... I wouldn't call 100% normal the people that I know and have used those sites They have one or two peculiarities...
    Last edited by molona; Sep 6, 2009 at 07:56.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Crazybanana's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm happy with other peoples girlfriends and wives, does that count?
    Who's to doom when the judge himself is dragged before the bar

Home | Web | Facebook

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazybanana View Post

✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazybanana View Post
    It sure does, Mr. Fabio.
    Saul

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy conradical's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SiberianHuskey View Post
    I don't believe in marriage nor will I ever get married, that is fine with me. Girlfriends are a pain in the ***, sure I will admit I see attractive women from time to time, but having that burden on top of the problems I have already, no thank you. Being single is what I'll probably stay the rest of my life, with a dog or two dogs and a bird
    Hey, if you can train your dog to cook and do the dishes and the bird to do your laundry, have at it.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything is possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some very interesting posts in this thread!

For those of you who are unhappy - why live like that? How long have you been living like that?
    Nick . all that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream
    Show someone you care, send them a virtual flower.
    Good deals on men's watches

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're not happy with somebody then LEAVE them!!! The worst pain you can ever inflict on a person (other than death or physical pain) is to cheat on them just to make yourself feel better, or because you're not happy with them and are keeping your options open. Alot of people do it, granted; but only the lowest of the low. Basically scum!

Things don't 'just happen', and you're not 'confused', blah, blah... you know exactly what you're doing when you're keeping your options open. Get a spine and get out or stop whinging.

The minute you cheat your relationship is over, even if you change your mind and realise you love your partner and have been an idiot - it will never be the same again, believe me.You can't get over being cheated on (and worse, humiliated) and still stay with that person.

I know men talk s**t when with their mates, and give it the big-I-am. Pull someone and you're clever... but when you end up on your own, where are your mates then? They've found their dream-girl, settled down with them, and you're out in the cold.

P.S here's food-for-thought:

People who are cowards, but too weak to be on their own 'always' keep their options open, because they don't want to be single (alone). You'll convince yourself that you're in the right, focus on all the bad things about your partner, and start rows... when she rows back with you - there's your excuse. You hate her, she deserves it...

who are you kidding.

Anyway, thought I'd add to this, because you've no idea what you're doing to your partner when you slag them off behind their back, and dis-respect them like this. It's cringeworthy to-say-the-least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    zoe83, being unhappy with someone does not mean you will cheat on them, most people work out their issues like an adult, you could get counciling or settle disputes in a healthy way by talking to each other. It sounds to me like your letting your previous experiences cloud your judgement, the majority of people do not cheat on their sposes and I expect everyone here takes umbrudge to the accusation. Reading your comments the best advice I can give is that you should talk to someone about this because your clearly holding onto some resentment, especially when no implication of cheating or out of context humor was mentioned here.

Keep Moving Forward gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hahaha!

Nah, Alex.

If you're unhappy in ANY situation (relationship, job, whatever), what kind of glutton for punishment would you have to be to stay in it ?

Trying to fill the unforgiving minute
    with sixty seconds' worth of distance run.

Update on Sitepoint's Migration to Discourse

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just posted something similar in another thread. If you are unhappy in a relationship, a Job, and Internet forum. You should leave, now it's easier to leave a Internet forum over a Job because a Job is income and you have to plan things out, while a Internet forum where half of the users (not this forum ) are assholes and cowards then you're best not to stay on that forum, now if you Job has assholes, and you can't quit right away well the best is to just do your work and ignore them, usually if you are working they don't say anything or look busy. Cowards are all over the place, and it seems the Internet has the most of them, it's very easy to sit behind a computer screen and bully someone every time the write something, because you don't like them then ontop of it try to get others to join your bully circus on one or two users. That is why on sites like FaceBook things have got so out of hand that it's got to the media because of users who are bullies.

It's easier to delete your account on a forum, heck and even break up a relationship then a Job, but some people have done it with a Job overnight.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im very happy and proud to be..how bout you dude??

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when i will find him then i will told you

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Tailslide's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends why you're unhappy. It may be that whatever the problem is it can be resolved with co-operation on both sides. In that case it would be worth working for.

Too many people throw away their relationships these days when a little hard work and compromise on both sides would solve the issues.

It may be that after addressing the issues they're still not resolved and you might still be unhappy - in that case, having made all efforts, you'd have to think about ending it depending on whether there are children involved.
    Little Blue Plane Web Design
    Blood, Sweat & Rust - A Land Rover restoration project

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually Alex, to post something like that on a public forum, and slag off your girlfriend, points in one direction. Whether or not he's cheated, that's where it's heading.

I just find it irritating, if you're not happy - get out - don't whinge about it.

And yes, I probably am resentful, I lost my best friend because her partner cheated on her - she committed suicide.

I just wanted to say please don't go down that road. There was no accusation about every consequent-poster (nor do I hate men - there are a lot of genuinely nice fellas out there - they're just hard to find lol), but when I see jokes about having girlfriends on the side, I just felt compelled to say something.

Keep Moving Forward gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailslide
    compromise on both sides would solve the issues.
    Depends on what's being compromised though.

If it's, "Well you take out the trash today, I take it out tomorrow," then that's fine. No problem.

But there are people out there who want you to compromise who you really are. What you think, or what you value. You can't put aside those things for very long, nor should you.

After what I've experienced, I'll throw her *ss out before I compromise on who I am !

Trying to fill the unforgiving minute
    with sixty seconds' worth of distance run.

Update on Sitepoint's Migration to Discourse

billycundiff{float:left;} silver trophybronze trophy RyanReese's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I WAS happy with my (now ex)girlfriend.
    Twitter-@Ryan_Reese09
    http://www.ryanreese.us -Always looking for web design/development work

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody should compromise who they are, I totally agree. At the end of the day you have to be yourself or what's the point? I think you reach a point where you realise life's too short, why sit watching soaps for two/three hours a day, five days a week when you'd rather be doing something else!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    zoe83, it does not mean they are going to cheat on their partner, that is an assumption you have come to without actually knowing the severity of the case in question, the person may not have even meant what they said and just said it to get a rise or poke fun. You cannot come to the conclusion that making a single incentive remark will mean "relationship over", people all to quickly throw away relationships (just look at the high divorce ratio).

While getting out of a genuinely unhappy relationship can be the best course of action it's inappropriate of you to state they should break up without having any comprehension of their relationship dynamic, I know a couple who are always making rude remarks about each other but have no relationship issues. I know people who make remarks about wanting to murder their boss, that doesn't mean they should quit their job because they might actually be tempted to. Sorry to hear about your friend, but there is a huge difference between someone actually cheating and someone possibly joking about something they have no intention to actually do.

✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an anti-social person who considers any kind of relationship a kind of devilry, I say run and run fast at any moment of doubt (or chance you get for that matter). And I'm only half kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexDawson View Post
    I know people who make remarks about wanting to murder their boss, that doesn't mean they should quit their job because they might actually be tempted to.
    Add facebook into the play and you've got someone leave the job willy-nilly.
    Saul

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^That was hard !

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alex I'm not going to debate with you, you've taken what I've said completely out-of-context, and with all respects you are no agony aunt, rather a young lad.

If you want to get the last word-in go for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't mind if you don't agree with what I've said but theres no need to be ageist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes i am happy and contented...