SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FTP Tansfer Won't Show

I fathfully followed Ian Lloyd's excellent book on building your web site. Everything worked when I viewed it using IE8. For the fun of it, I transfered it to my providered using FTP and tried to view it. When I try to view it, I get the Error - blocked by server administrators.

The Sharepoint help said certain files cannot be uploaded. However, the files DID upload. I can double click index.html and it comes up without the background and picture. The photos come up fine.

The files are at cableone.net/bubbleunder. I transfered the bubbleunder.com folder from my computer. I get the error message when I put in cableone.net/bubbleunder.com.

Am I doing something wrong or is the problem at my provider, cableone.net?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cableone.net/bubbleunder.com isn't a valid url, so I'm not surprised it doesn't work. Also, if I try to go to cableone.net/bubbleunder, I get a page not found error.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to be such a dunce, but WHAT is the valid url? When I use bubbleunder.com I get the site developed in the book and not the one I did. I changed the folder I had on my computer to bubbleunderaz and when I put in bubbleunderaz.com I got an error.

The folder now on my provider's site (ftp.cableone.net) is now bubbleunderaz. Does this have to be registered to show up on IE?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help. I got contacted the providers tech guy and he didn't know how to do it, but I finally figured it out.

I had to use myweb.cableone.net, then my username/bubbleunderaz/index.html. I didn't know about the "myweb" part and I was not addressing all the way to "index.html".

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you got it figured out