SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sitemap Question

Right... I'm building a website with extended contents - non dynamic. This means I will have hundreds, eventually thousands of files, with a dozen beeing created every week or so.

With this scenario, what' the poin - if there is any - to submit a Sitemap file to Google? I mean, the only initial files will be a dozen, the base files, which in time will provide links to contents, to individual files.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You must submit the xml sitemap to google to index all the webpages of the site.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jakab... as I said, the website is in constant growing. Do you mean I shall create and run the xml sitemap in a weekly basis? That's quite a job.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgut View Post
    Jakab... as I said, the website is in constant growing. Do you mean I shall create and run the xml sitemap in a weekly basis? That's quite a job.
    You can automate both the creation and the submission of the sitemap. For example a WP blog can be set to ping Google automatically with an updated sitemap when you make updates.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too much for my knowledge :-)

SitePoint Enthusiast SitemapGenerator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgut View Post
    If you only expect to have a few thousand URLs it will most likely only take minutes depending on your webserver speed. You can also automate sitemap generator to crawl website, create sitemap and upload sitemap e.g. once a week.
    A1 Website Analyzer - Fix broken links, duplicate titles, custom text search, sculpt links
    A1 Sitemap Generator - Build xml, video, image, mobile, visual HTML/CSS sitemaps
    :: WebHelpForums.Net :: Support forum for the A1 tools suite.