SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to make Email Newsletter?

Hey I cant figure this out.

When you make a email newsletter do you just code it in xhtml/css and paste it into a page (incase they are unable to view it, provide a real page),

But how does someone paste all the code into the email?
    I don't see how you do this with Gmail, or really anything else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There a few different ways you can pull this off:

1). Buy a mailing list program and let it do the magic.

2). Create a newsletter in Adobe Page Maker or Illustrator, convert to PDF and then take a screen shot of each page and paste inside an email editor and then send to a distribution list.

3). You can do it in ASP.NET, which can be done in different ways. One way to do it is discussed at this website (article I wrote):

http://www.webreference.com/programm...ail/index.html

4). The last I can think of is creating the page, then in Internet Explorer, do a Send Page as Email.
    Ryan Butler

Midwest Web Design

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    You can create the email like a normal HTML page and paste the code into Thunderbird (a free email client, sister to Firefox). Of course, you can also save the code as a web page for those who can't view the email properly with a link to it in the email.

Beware, though, as most email clients don't render proper html/css very well. The safest bet is to code like it's the '90s, with tables and only a little bit of inline CSS. Many email clients will rip out any other CSS.

There are also issues with sending out a large amount of email. You can save problems by going with a mailout service like CampaignMonitor.