SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need some advice from you guys. I've ran into problems with All Clicks. They've just recently told me they're canceling my account, and in the process not paying me over 200 dollars I've accrued since December. When I asked them why, they(Robert) told me that the e-mail would be their final correspondance with me. The email failed to give specifics, only saying I was automaticly opening links in 0 by 0 windows. THIS IS BULL! I NEVER ONCE DID THIS! I've responded asking them for more detailed info, like a date and the url where my violation occured.

That's my situation, now what do I do? I know I never violated their TOS, and they've told me if I have any more problems to seek legal counsel. There's no point to seeking legal counsel over 200 bucks if its going to cost me that much in legal fees. Another question: Doesn't the burden of proof fall on them? Meaning, don't they have to prove my guilt, not me proving innocense. I respect your opinions, what should I do?

Thanks Cameron
    P.S. Heres a link to the page my clicks came from: Project Mp3

Matt Mickiewicz
    SitePoint Community Guest
    If you read their Terms of Service, which you had to agree to before joining their program, you'll probably find some kind of clause saying that they can cancel your account for any reason at any time.

------------------
    http://www.webmaster-resources.com
    Articles, Reviews & Resources for webmasters!

Federico Carnales
    SitePoint Community Guest
    ProjectMP3, I thought you already know why your account was cancelled, from the answers at http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/F...ML/001995.html

It seems to me like you cheated AllClicks, they caught you and cancelled your account, and now you're trying to defame them.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you may be interested in reading my reply on that other forum. I believe that my response answers any questions raised about my site, and shows I didn't cheat them. As for Matt's comment. I understand they can terminate my account for any reason, but they can't not pay me for past earnings, can they?

SitePoint Addict AllClicks Robert's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cameron,

Wasn't it enough to expose yourself as a cheater on another forum? Now you need to embarass yourself here to?

You tried to cheat us, you got caught, 15 people replied over at Geek-Talk and made you look foolish.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually Robert, I don't see how the other board made me look foolish. Despite repeated e-mails, I can't get a stright answer as to why my account was flagged. In the most recent e-mail sent to me, (2 weeks ago) I was told two reasons:
    1: Opening links in a 0 by 0 frame
    Something I never did. I have asked repeatadly what page this came from, but with no reply.
    2: Illegal content
    My response to this is why did you personally accept my site? I still have a copy of the e-mail I sent where you said my website would be fine.

Contrary to what you may believe, I'm not interested in attacking your company. The whole point on these two discussions was to get feedback from other webmasters. I liked your program a lot and only wish Our partnership didn't have to end.

If you do read this post, I would really appreciate a response, either personally or publicly. I would really just like to know what I did wrong. My html has not changed, so I'd like it if you could take a look and tell me the problem. I NEVER TRIED TO CHEAT YOUR COMPANY. Out of curiosity, I also have a policy question for you. You say you flagged my account on December 6th. Is it your policy not to tell people they've been flagged. I had earned 10 dollars by that date. I earned 250 more in the next month, but was not told I wouldn't be paid until Febryary 1st! That's over 200 dollars of revenue I generated, while you had no intention of ever sending me a check. If this is your way of handling flagged accounts, I must say waiting 55 days to tell someone is appalling. I also must question why my numerous questions asking why my check had not been sent were left unanswered. Only after I threatened legal action did I get a response.

In closing, I feel you have a quality program. However, a lack of communication, as in my case it is clearly evident, is something that could be improved upon.

Sincerely,
    Cameron

Tgankd

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote/font><HR>2: Illegal content
    My response to this is why did you personally accept my site? I still have a copy of the e-mail I sent where you said my website would be fine.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Common sense dictates that just because a site was accepted after they looked at it does not mean you can save an e-mail stating acceptance and then pull it out later after your content changes saying in effect "but look! You already said my site would be fine". How can anyone accept your statement "My html has not changed, so I'd like it if you could take a look and tell me the problem"? Should anyone just take your word for it? I am just being honest with you when I say I don't believe you for a second.

I also have to say, your apology which makes reference to "trickery" absolutely gives me the willies... it made me leave your site immediately. Just like insurance fraud hurts all those that pay insurance, "trickery" by webmasters screws all honest webmasters out there.

So anyway, what's your favorite new music release?

------------------
    Ted

Do you drive a Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, or Mitsubisho Galant VR-4? Visit: DSM Trader

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting points brought up Ted.

As for the trickery issue, I myself dislike it. I would never put that on every page, you're right when you say it's misleading and unprofessional. The only way someone would reach that page, is from the goto.com search engine. What I was doing was looking to pay for traffic, and try to break even with the allclicks link. I hope you understand that was my intention, and that is why the page appears unprofessional.

As for the issue about requesting the url which it came from, the purpose of this is not to prove my case and make allclicks pay me. I would just like to know what page it came from for my own knowledge. I'm honest when I say i never made code for a 0 by 0 frame. That is why I'm so upset.

Also, you raised a question about the e-mail I have from Robert accepting my site. I asked because I know the issue of mp3s is so tricky. When I sent the e-mail, I displayed the same style of linking to other mp3 pages that I do today. I didn't add the mp3links after being approved, they've been there from day 1.

You seem to be unbiased and approached this un a calm manner. I feel as though my response has done the same. Now I wish I could hear the same from Robert. I think you woulud agree Ted that flagging my account December 6, and telling me February 1, is extremely unprofessional. I know many people have had great experiences with allclicks, but unfortuneatly I can't reciprocate those feelings.

Cameron.
    P.S. Look for the Bone Thugs-N-Harmony album due out in stores Feb. 29 I 've had it for a couple weeks, and it is very good.

Kat's Meow Senior ******* WebKat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Letting the public know that there is a 'little trickery' being used on your page is like saying a woman is a 'little pregnant'...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote/font><HR>The only way someone would reach that page, is from the goto.com search engine. What I was doing was looking to pay for traffic, and try to break even with the allclicks link.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So what else will webmasters justify to do to 'pay for traffic'?

------------------
    WebKat's PawPrints
    Professional Photographers of Sacramento Valley

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate to say it but these people are sharks, they hate it when they have to pay you money. I know this from another company, I didn't have any thing illegal period on my site, I never cheated.
    I used to get a lot of hits on my banners. Then I get something saying my site isn't in english when geez it was. I can't speak or write in another language so why would it not be english. To me they just don't have enough money so they pay the first ppl shown the go oh lets just cancel this guys service he won't care.

------------------
    the web is heck sometimes