SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Losing Session Variables (Joomla related)

I have a site that was created in Joomla, with which I am still very much a beginner. I have a form that, when submitted, goes to a script that is outside of the Joomla framework, sets some session variables, and then returns to a page within the Joomla framework.

When I return to the Joomla page, the session variables are gone. I tested and I know that the variables are being set. And the Joomla component has the session_start() in it, but no variables.

Is there a reason why I shouldn't be able to read session variables from within a Joomla component? Thanks for any advice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does your external script have session_start() at the beginning of it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it does. As I said, I know that the variables are being set by the external script. Joomla just seems to be killing any sessions that weren't created from within its framework, and I need to figure out how to get around that.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I have further determined that the session variables aren't being deleted/unset, because I can still access them from non-Joomla scripts, but Joomla doesn't let me access them, at least not using $_SESSION.

Does that help provide any further clues?

Thanks again.