SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add WP Image Plugin?

Hey,

Is there a WP plugin that i can use to display images from the backend?

So what i want is to upload images and display them by month. Can i do this? and if so which plugin does this?

I already have a WP blog you see so i thought why not try out the plugins aswel

Thanks
    Regards

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure I follow. You mean display a different image depending on what month it is somewhere? Or have some kind of calendar where you click different months and see different images, like a photo blog? WordPress has a lot of image support built in (and will have even more in 2.9), but I'm not clear what you're looking for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,

Well the site i am making is for a famous tattooist. Now i want to display his work on the website. Rahter that having to create my own database and then have a back end to upload images to, i want to use something opensource that will be much quicker to display these images..

SO for example there would be loads of images on the page, then i can upload more images from the backend as a CMS. Also i would like to have something like a dropdown box where i can select the images only from specific months..?

Do you understand where im coming from?

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, so a picture gallery. There are lots and lots of gallery plugins in the WordPress plugin directory.

There's some built-in support for galleries out of the box, though, that you don't need to install anything else to use. You just attach the pictures to a post and it can create a gallery out of them. When you want to add new pictures, make a new post and attach the pictures to that. Put all those posts in an images category and you have your list of months.

WordPress's [gallery] shortcode:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Gallery_Shortcode

And a list of gallery plugins:
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/....php?q=gallery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billy_111 View Post
    Hey,

Well the site i am making is for a famous tattooist. Now i want to display his work on the website. Rahter that having to create my own database and then have a back end to upload images to, i want to use something opensource that will be much quicker to display these images..

SO for example there would be loads of images on the page, then i can upload more images from the backend as a CMS. Also i would like to have something like a dropdown box where i can select the images only from specific months..?

Do you understand where im coming from?
    If you want from some other sites to display on your site then use wpg2 plugin but the other site should have on gallery2 script which is opensource and it is easily to configure in wordpress