SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question How to autoblog wordpress

    Could somebody please shed more light on autoblogging using wordpress

  2. #2
    doing my best to help c2uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    1,832
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a couple of plugins that aggregate RSS feeds from other websites and turn those into posts on your wordpress install. What else do you want to know?
    Dan G
    Marketing Strategist & Consultant

  3. #3
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c2uk View Post
    There are a couple of plugins that aggregate RSS feeds from other websites and turn those into posts on your wordpress install. What else do you want to know?
    Thanks for the good information given, but i don't know how to go about it ,can you please give me step by step guide?

  4. #4

  5. #5
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Jeremy W.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,121
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FeedWordPress works well, for most things. However "autoblogging" is different than simply syndicating feeds, it refers to the creation of new content based on a sample of old content (ie: using fuzzy logic, AI, etc to create posts on the fly about a specific topic, typically by feeding it a feed).
    SVP Marketing, SoCast SRM
    Personal blog: Strategerize
    Twitter: @jeremywright

  6. #6
    SitePoint Wizard esds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,255
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Autoblogs are junk, it may create copyright issue because you're using others work.

  7. #7
    Bananas contain Zinc fonzerelli_79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    816
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by micfo.com View Post
    Autoblogs are junk, it may create copyright issue because you're using others work.
    Agreed. I don't see the attraction in creating auto blogs. You're never going to make good money by ripping content from other blogs.

  8. #8
    SitePoint Member mknight1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fonzerelli_79 View Post
    Agreed. I don't see the attraction in creating auto blogs. You're never going to make good money by ripping content from other blogs.
    so i got it
    the auto blog means ripping content from other blogs, is that right?
    bad tricks so i just forget all about it

  9. #9
    SitePoint Wizard Anat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    1,281
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a great way to get your account suspended. Make sure you host with bad host that doesn't mind copyright infringement... or best, just write your own content.
    My Web Publishing Blog: B6S.net - I dofollow but don't spam!
    Follow me on Twitter
    My favorite content writer:
    Steve Snedeker

  10. #10
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Winona, MN USA
    Posts
    10,053
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    One way to autoblog which hasn't been mentioned is to write several posts and set them to be published on a schedule. I use this often in my poetry blog since I have nearly two hundred poems to publish.

    I have also used this on my other blogs when I have an idea for a post but have already published one same day or have an idea for a post that would be better published on a different date. For example, Christmas thoughts in July.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

  11. #11
    doing my best to help c2uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    1,832
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't class this as autoblogging to be honest Linda. That's a scheduled blog post.
    Dan G
    Marketing Strategist & Consultant

  12. #12
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Winona, MN USA
    Posts
    10,053
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c2uk View Post
    I wouldn't class this as autoblogging to be honest Linda. That's a scheduled blog post.
    Well, my bad then, but it does serve to automatically publish posts.

    If the only function of "autoblogging" is to rip content from other blogs, IMO, it's "its" bad.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

  13. #13
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Jeremy W.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,121
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyflower View Post
    Well, my bad then, but it does serve to automatically publish posts.

    If the only function of "autoblogging" is to rip content from other blogs, IMO, it's "its" bad.
    It's not, autoblogging is about processing RSS feeds. You could, for example, do a Twitter search and automatically include keywords about your company on an internal blog's sidebar, so you'd always know what folk are saying about you.

    Granted, 99% of usage of feed processing is for spamming purposes, lots of uses aren't. For example, when I ran b5media, the way we pulled content from our hundreds of blogs into our portals (see www.bizzia.com) was via feed processing.

    However, my gut says the OP was looking more on the spammy side of things.
    SVP Marketing, SoCast SRM
    Personal blog: Strategerize
    Twitter: @jeremywright

  14. #14
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Winona, MN USA
    Posts
    10,053
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy W. View Post
    It's not, autoblogging is about processing RSS feeds. You could, for example, do a Twitter search and automatically include keywords about your company on an internal blog's sidebar, so you'd always know what folk are saying about you.

    Granted, 99% of usage of feed processing is for spamming purposes, lots of uses aren't. For example, when I ran b5media, the way we pulled content from our hundreds of blogs into our portals (see www.bizzia.com) was via feed processing.

    However, my gut says the OP was looking more on the spammy side of things.
    I have used Feed Digest (now Feed Informer) to pull my press release feeds. However, I don't really call that "autoblogging" it's just accessing my own feeds.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

  15. #15
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    88
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    before you get all excited about turning on your blog and heading off to the beach a millionaire you need to consider that the vast majority of feeds contain copyright/fair use terms of services, and that they are usually truncated to a couple of lines.

    So you should find the feed sources BEFORE you start anything.

    And if you want to do it right there is one plugin called Autoblogged that works. Most of the free plugins are hoaky and or not being supported.

  16. #16
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try wp-o-matic , you will be able to setup an autoblog with that
    it depends where you want to get your content from !

  17. #17
    SitePoint Zealot sb225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    hyderabad
    Posts
    147
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyflower View Post
    I have used Feed Digest (now Feed Informer) to pull my press release feeds. However, I don't really call that "autoblogging" it's just accessing my own feeds.
    Do you earn anything using this feed ?
    I had a question why does site owners provide feeds? do they just want to subscribe their feeds by email ?

  18. #18
    SitePoint Member gannaaz334's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Chicago,IL
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was try to find out what is this all about and I got the massage something like this. "This software is PERMANTLY ON HOLD. Go use Feedwordpress, you vile spammers, or the recently announced WP o’ Matic. I will not provide this plugin, or anything like it, because the potential for abuse is way too high"
    quite funny

  19. #19
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Winona, MN USA
    Posts
    10,053
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sb225 View Post
    Do you earn anything using this feed ?
    I had a question why does site owners provide feeds? do they just want to subscribe their feeds by email ?
    My intention wasn't to "earn" anything from the feed alone. It was only to put my press release feeds on my website.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

  20. #20
    SitePoint Zealot sb225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    hyderabad
    Posts
    147
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you get any traffic for your blog and does it index regularly? I recently came to a autoblog which is most looking like he is updating everything.
    I also added a feed on my site which is drupal based and it indexed very fast but still cant getting why does this search engines loves to index duplicate content ?


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •