SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

********* Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello all,

I'll be launching ad space and sales on a couple of websites and would like to do it this month. The only problem is that I'm not sure how's the best way to do it.

My original plan was to sell it on a monthly, bi-monthly, and quarterly basis. I'm also open to doing on a weekly and bi-weekly basis too. What are your thoughts about that versus per impression?

And if I do go with per impression, where can I get a good script to implement it? Free is best, but if I have to pay a small fee, then I will. If any of you reading this have written some scripts, then maybe we can work something out (read no money involved).

If I go this route, I would want to be able to offer impressions on different banner sizes, including an 88x31, 150x100, and a 468x60. The script also needs to be able to handle a rapidly growing site.

Any help you guys can give would be really appreciated.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For ASP-enabled website I would recommend AdMentor available for free at http://www.create-a-webshop.com

Very powerful for the money

------------------
    Alan Mendelevich aka ailon
    New! ArticleCentral.com - The content directory for web professionals. Monitoring hundreds of web development related sites, daily.
    Visit MEGOPhotos - Quality photos for FREE

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

My suggestions...

1. Charge per impressions. This is the most professional approach. Yet, make sure you pay for yourself. In otherwords, if you pay $20/mo for hosting, and get 5,000 pageviews a month, charge $0.005 per impression so you make a total of $25. Of course, you could charge $0.009 or $0.01. But remember, it is wise to start off small.

2. Use WebAdverts. This is one of the most known sofware. It supports things like banner exchanges, but also works on a impression system (IE. You say how many times to show the account, then the account becomes inactive.) It's shareware, and if you wish to prchase is only $50, but, you are not forced to pay. For more information on this go to:
    http://awsd.com/scripts/webadverts/index.shtml

If you need any help, contact me through E-mail. Hoped this has helped.

Richard