SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: Any Idea's

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a site and we are selling advertising by the week. For instance you can put your banner up for 7 days for 15.00 on the front page and maybe on another page for 2.00 a week etc. Your banner stays there for the 7 days and is not in a rotation. Couple questions.

1. Do you think this is a good idea?

2. Are there any sites to goto,to get advertiers instead of emailing and bothering sites.

Thanks for your input.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that may work, i use monthly, 3 months, 6 months, and yearly to sell ads on one of my sites.

there's really no more effective way to sell advertising than to contact folks (u or ur ad rep) or they contact u (they know of ur site and want to reach ur visitors).

------------------
    I'VE GOT YOUR $MONEY$ HONEY!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rarely consider advertising on a site unless it's sold by impression. Otherwise, you never know how many views you're going to get.

------------------
    http://www.webmasterexpert.com

Matt Mickiewicz
    SitePoint Community Guest
    I wouldn't consider selling ad space unless you have at least $250 US worth of ad space to sell on a monthly basis -- few legitimate companies will spend time making ad buys that are less than that. I would instead concentrate your efforts on marketing, and in the meantime generate a few bucks through affiliate programs and banner networks.

------------------
    http://www.webmaster-resources.com
    Articles, Reviews & Resources for webmasters!