SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I meant that to happen silver trophybronze trophy Raffles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A rather thorough program is CleanUp!, which deletes all temp files, log files and other such stuff. I don't use it any more since I now have lots of HDD space, but back when I had a small 27GB disk, it cleared up a fair bit of space.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just ran CCleaner and it's actually a lot more efficient than you may think! Very impressed with the results.

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cute photoshopping Raffles, but I doubt even CCleaner would have freed up 5tb of space (if you really have that much storage)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Then you should be able to use the built in defragger. Have you tried it?
    I don't yet but soon (in one, two days) i will

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
    A rather thorough program is CleanUp!, which deletes all temp files, log files and other such stuff. I don't use it any more since I now have lots of HDD space, but back when I had a small 27GB disk, it cleared up a fair bit of space.
    I use both: CrabCleaner and Mil Shield and I can compare them each other. Both of them have many features and delete many varied files and internet tracks.

differences: CrabCleaner is free software and it doesn't perform some features normally (for example, it doesn't clean all temps files or index.dat files). It has very small quantity of updates!!!

Mil Shield is paid but deletes all files and data and even makes shredding on the temps, cache and index.dat files. It has plenty of good upgrades. But they are clumsy and you have to go on Mil Shield site to get the new version!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexDawson View Post
    Cute photoshopping Raffles, but I doubt even CCleaner would have freed up 5tb of space (if you really have that much storage)
    Actually Alex, it's not photoshopped, it's a bug in the program. It does actually give me that result! As you can see in the image, it makes the mistake with IE's temp files.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Raffles, well there's a newer version out, perhaps it fixes the bug for you!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some file cleaners remove important files like .BAK files. Be sure to configure the program to filter the file extensions to omit from the delete list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by learntofixyourpc View Post
    Some file cleaners remove important files like .BAK files. Be sure to configure the program to filter the file extensions to omit from the delete list.
    For someone who claims to know about fixing computers your giving very inaccurate advice. BAK files are by definition backups of files which have been overwritten and are only kept by the system in case you try to remove an update for an explicit program... this does not affect system restore, windows backup or any other feature of windows (such as shadow copy) therefore bak files while they used to be useful in the past are no longer really worth keeping as the clog up the hard disk and have no benefit now that Windows has the ability to pull back old versions of files on command... next time you give advice, check your facts.