SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 44
  1. #1
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    what are u good at

    does anyone here do what they are good at and be happy with what they do?

  2. #2
    SitePoint Author silver trophybronze trophy

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Ankh-Morpork
    Posts
    12,159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spelling. For instance, I know how to spell the word 'you'.
    Birnam wood is come to Dunsinane

  3. #3
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interesting

  4. #4
    SitePoint Zealot
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    175
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course, there is a lot of professionals, can learn many useful things

  5. #5
    John 8:24 JREAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,508
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to ride motorcycles, play guitar, draw, and do lots of computer work. Im very good at some things and not the best at others but I enjoy the time doing them

  6. #6
    Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    8,111
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AutisticCuckoo View Post
    Spelling. For instance, I know how to spell the word 'you'.
    You crack me up Tommy

    Either way, I am pretty good at Chess and Tennis (if we are taking skills outside of computing).

  7. #7
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Programming. Python mostly .

    And hosting, but my colleagues administrators are doing the real work. I just know the basics of Linux and Windows administration.
    IntoVPS - Unmanaged VPS hosting
    IntoDNS - Check your DNS health and configuration

  8. #8
    SitePoint Enthusiast WickedGoddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    eating and sleeping--as my mum always say!

  9. #9
    SitePoint Enthusiast devAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sketching, cooking and designing...I enjoy doing it
    sig space open...

  10. #10
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in fact, i came here occasionally and this thread was just a flash in my brain and for the purpose of adding enough threads.
    i'm good at imagining i suppose, while i now do things need logics

  11. #11
    got beer? jabo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in my car
    Posts
    736
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a bum so i guess I'm good at sleeping...
    Would need AA soon so I guess am good at drinking...
    Elders always say how clean I am with plate so I guess I'm good at eating and finishing food.

  12. #12
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by jabo View Post
    I'm a bum so i guess I'm good at sleeping...
    Would need AA soon so I guess am good at drinking...
    Elders always say how clean I am with plate so I guess I'm good at eating and finishing food.

  13. #13
    Non-Member highprfilerealty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm good at establishing good work relation with co-worker and clients

  14. #14
    #titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    molona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    from Madrid to Heaven
    Posts
    8,023
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am terrific at being lazy. I think it is one of the few things, if any, that I am good at

  15. #15
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by highprfilerealty View Post
    I'm good at establishing good work relation with co-worker and clients
    that seems great

  16. #16
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by molona View Post
    I am terrific at being lazy. I think it is one of the few things, if any, that I am good at
    you are not too lazy to post the reply

  17. #17
    #titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    molona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    from Madrid to Heaven
    Posts
    8,023
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by opylc911 View Post
    you are not too lazy to post the reply
    Now, I haven't thought of that

  18. #18
    SitePoint Enthusiast harriouz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm good at being really lazy
    hoang harry tran [harrytran.com]
    get RICH quick by going to my site. rich in useless knowledge

    recently redesigned the site, witness its greatness

  19. #19
    SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy conradical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,354
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by harriouz View Post
    I'm good at being really lazy
    I believe it.

  20. #20
    SitePoint Enthusiast RachWilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    71
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm good at creating; coming up with new ideas, creating processes to make jobs easier, new product ideas etc... I use that in my job where possible

    I'm a people person, I love helping people and it seems I have a knack for helping people create better relationships which I get to do on my own time

    I love writing and I think I do ok at it on my blog

    Oh and I'm good at procrastinating, at times I really indulge :P

  21. #21
    Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Philadephia, PA
    Posts
    20,580
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm great at software development. Working on a team, figuring out hard problems, making that new feature work under a deadline. My bosses loved me. But I don't do that anymore, so no, I don't do what I'm good at.

    What I like to do is build web apps. Websites that do something useful, and that users will use to help improve their lives in some small way. But I haven't proven I'm good at that yet (I don't have a shining example of financial success), so I'm happy with doing it but not "doing what I'm good at and happy with what I do".

    Some day the two will meet I hope.

  22. #22
    SitePoint Member Susan89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm good at being myself
    What would happen if i press this button?

  23. #23
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RachWilson View Post
    I'm good at creating; coming up with new ideas, creating processes to make jobs easier, new product ideas etc... I use that in my job where possible

    I'm a people person, I love helping people and it seems I have a knack for helping people create better relationships which I get to do on my own time

    I love writing and I think I do ok at it on my blog

    Oh and I'm good at procrastinating, at times I really indulge :P
    excellent. a sun personality.

    I'm good at procrastinating, too, but sometimes that really kills me

  24. #24
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grossman View Post
    I'm great at software development. Working on a team, figuring out hard problems, making that new feature work under a deadline. My bosses loved me. But I don't do that anymore, so no, I don't do what I'm good at.

    What I like to do is build web apps. Websites that do something useful, and that users will use to help improve their lives in some small way. But I haven't proven I'm good at that yet (I don't have a shining example of financial success), so I'm happy with doing it but not "doing what I'm good at and happy with what I do".

    Some day the two will meet I hope.
    exactly.
    we all hope the two will meet

  25. #25
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan89 View Post
    I'm good at being myself
    cool!
    i'm good at being someone else


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •