User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Non-Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arkinstall View Post
    But what age would you start getting it?
    No idea what age you SHOULD get it, but yeah I think I would probably want to stay somewhere between 24 and 30.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy Birthday to Saul too....

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy mizwizzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as for your earlier post about me not getting the point - that docu i saw was about whether or not old women should be having babies because they are in a high risk category for illnesses and dying etc, so this particular woman (there were a few in that docu) had like some sorta weakened immune system and the point was that all this was associated with age, but they still went ahead and had kids, then they just died a couple of years later - if they even lasted that long, i just think its selfish oh and btw, these were single women as well

if this miracle potion youre talkin about prolongs the aging affect and you still look like someone in their 20s when ur 890yrs old well then im sure having the kid would be fine, but honestly, the way life goes its an unwritten rule that you dont outlive ur kids, no parent would wanna do that - all i see are downsides to this agrument, a definite no no for me

Quote Originally Posted by php_daemon View Post
    Thank you!

What happend to my b'day thread, eh
    you started it!!

Quote Originally Posted by kohoutek View Post
    I do! Imagine the stories this man could tell. I'd have no problem changing his diapers, replacing the saliva-drowned towel under his chin every hour just to hear his stories.
    well i hope you have some really good gloves and something to cover up the smell and a few cans of skin tone spray while ur at it

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mizwizzy View Post
    the way life goes its an unwritten rule that you dont outlive ur kids, no parent would wanna do that - all i see are downsides to this agrument, a definite no no for me
    The kids would get the treatment too. Problem solved

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ro0bear View Post
    The kids would get the treatment too. Problem solved
    ok ok ok - so after this 1,000 yrs of being a 20 yr old then what happens - ur just prolonging inevitability - we all are going to die at some point, and depending on your beliefs *which i wont get into* morally speaking i think alot of ppl would opt out of this quick fix

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok ok ok - so after this 1,000 yrs of being a 20 yr old then what happens - ur just prolonging inevitability - we all are going to die at some point, and depending on your beliefs *which i wont get into* morally speaking i think alot of ppl would opt out of this quick fix
    Oh ok, well I'm sure if it comes along it will be optional. If I get the chance though I will look forward to an extra 900 years of the pleasure of life.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh ok, well I'm sure if it comes along it will be optional. If I get the chance though I will look forward to an extra 900 years of the pleasure of life.
    god help us all

✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonbird View Post
    Happy Birthday to Saul too....
    Thanks, Jason.

*cough* How do I say this... 1,000 years, 20 years - what's the difference then? If it's inevitable and it's "moral" not to prolong it, there's that bridge I mentioned some posts ago.
    Saul

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    morally speaking - was more targeted at what peoples beliefs and ideals are about life and what you should and shouldnt do with it, it gets into a whole beliefs/religion side which we arent allowed to talk about so I cant say anything more about that lol

but on the other hand, if it was mandatory to have that potion, i guess yeah i'd be heading for that bridge geronimo!!!!!! lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, those whose morality is all about death have the right to it, I completely agree.

I can't imagine it being mandatory, though. It would cost a nice buck, I'm sure of that.
    Saul

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah but where are you going to find a kangaroo??

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy happy happy Birthday to you Saul...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livewellfinance View Post
    Happy happy happy Birthday to you Saul...
    Thanks!

yeah but where are you going to find a kangaroo??
    What?
    Saul

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you said buck..... i said kangaroo

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right. Sometimes I forget you're only 12.
    Saul

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its your old age

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mizwizzy, don't worry.... when they get to be 150 they will be bored to death... literally

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    perhaps their ego's will be their friend forever and ever and ever

I Love Licorice silver trophybronze trophy Datura's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting how the discussion is split right down the middle between philosophical lines. Very consistent…
    Ulrike
    TUTs: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by php_daemon View Post
    I can't imagine it being mandatory, though. It would cost a nice buck, I'm sure of that.
    It would just radically change the economy, 90% less children so less schools. People with skills that they have perfected to an amazing level from hundreds of years practice and learning. I think it would generate far more wealth than it costs.

Imagine if Leonardo Da Vinci was alive today and lived to 1000!

If peoples religious beliefs make them not want to live to 1000 thatís fine by me, as long as they donít try and stop everyone else too. To put it politely I would be rather if someone tried to take my 900 years away because of their beliefs.

Off Topic:

Saul do you think a moderator should put split this off into a new thread? or do you like it in your birthday thread?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sauls just being awkward

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would just radically change the economy, 90% less children so less schools. People with skills that they have perfected to an amazing level from hundreds of years practice and learning. I think it would generate far more wealth than it costs.

Imagine if Leonardo Da Vinci was alive today and lived to 1000!

If peoples religious beliefs make them not want to live to 1000 thatís fine by me, as long as they donít try and stop everyone else too. To put it politely I would be rather if someone tried to take my 900 years away because of their beliefs.

....littlegreenstepper, im going to make it my business to come up with a potion that counteracts this one

heres a really realistic downside to this 1000yr plan - what if there was a really really bad person in your life and you had no power whatsoever to get away from them and u were stuck with them for 1000yrs or unrequited love or forever being broke, forever having emotional problems, etc - i think its silly to just say yeah wooo i'll live forever YAY! its just silly..

if leo was around today, he wouldnt be as popular as he is nor would he have changed and influenced the art world as we know it now - they'd put him in a nut house!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heres a really realistic downside to this 1000yr plan - what if there was a really really bad person in your life and you had no power whatsoever to get away from them and u were stuck with them for 1000yrs or unrequited love or forever being broke, forever having emotional problems, etc - i think its silly to just say yeah wooo i'll live forever YAY! its just silly..

if leo was around today, he wouldnt be as popular as he is nor would he have changed and influenced the art world as we know it now - they'd put him in a nut house!
    Well, I think if you have problems, you should sort them out. Death is a pretty lame solution.

As I keep saying, you can always live a short life if you want to, no one is forcing you to live longer. You could equally refuse all the other medical advances that make you live longer such as vaccinations, anti-biotics, alergy tests, surgery etc. Remember in the Bronze Age your average life span was 18 years old, in the early 20th Centry your average life span was 30-40, now in a good country the average life span is over 80!
    Living to 1000 is just another step, you might as well argue that you shouldn't live over 18 but your current long life span has been taken for granted.

With regards to Leonardo Da Vinci I was more talking about his genious in Science, Engineering and Medicine. For example he designed the worlds first glider but never got round to building it, however recently a glider was built using his exact design and it flew! If he had built it we would have started understanding flight 15th centry!
    He was a Genious!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And if the people from Big Brother are not in nut houses, then I doubt Leonardo Da Vinci would be in one!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im not saying death is a solution, im saying it would be pretty awful to be stuck in that scenario full stop, nevermind for hundreds of years!! - like think of it in terms of human trafficking, not really a great life in those terms at any time but to think you're not going to be out of that for hundreds of years is crazy

Edit:

dont get me started on big brother - btw that is a nuthouse - so technically we're better off with them in there, imagine them on the outside!!