SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Training course recommendations

Greetings,

I am pursuing Web Design as a secondary career and have just begun. My training to this point has been on my own, through the O'Reilly Head First HTML with CSS & XHTML and the same publisher's Web Design in a Nutshell.

Due to my current career which involves traveling, can anyone recommend any good training courses that are offered online or with a minimum need to appear in a classroom in person?

Thanks in advance.

M

SitePoint Guru bronze trophy AndrewCooper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There aren't that many good training courses you could get involved with in terms of your situation, I don't think. If you like what O'Reilly publishes then you could sign upto their O'Reilly School of Technology which looks fairly decent in terms of the knowledge it will give you to start a second career in Web Design / Development.

If you are still a beginner and want to learn professionally how you should be doing Websites then I would suggest you take a look at the Sitepoint Books library which are absolutely fantastic.

Hope this helps.

Andrew Cooper

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Andrew is correct, there aren't that many online educational institutes which really do the job well (in terms of web design), in fact most college or university level courses on web design are seriously lacking in maintaining an up-to-date strategy. There are some excellent ways you can improve your skills through books and through online resources however, perhaps the following website may be something you can enjoy reading as it is intended to be an online course for making websites which is endorsed by many professionals and educational institutes.

http://www.opera.com/company/education/curriculum/

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can apply for CCNI or CCNP crash course of 1 month. It is in hight demand

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Training course recommendations is a big issue should join after knowing the all features and benefiters.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you already have a very good start in becoming Web Designer. I myself are NOT a web designer though I think I am at least moderate designer. The subjects you touched are very important but I would also add JavaScript and AJAX as well. They also play a role in UI which can create that Web 2.0 look. Once you're comfortable w/ those technologies, I would recommend visiting Web Template sites.

http://www.oswd.org/
    http://www.opendesigns.org/
    http://www.mezzoblue.com/zengarden/alldesigns/

Try to analyze how and why they designed to such a way.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot you also have to very good at making logos and images from scratch using image tools like PhotoShop.

Just a tip, don't try to understand everything at once and focus on 1 technology at a time. Once you mastered, think of some ways you can integrate that technology to the one you learned in the past. The best programmer are the one who unites all technologies to sing together in perfect harmony. So just "learning" is one thing and how to "apply" is what differentiates from great programmer! happy designing!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The details and information's about the training course are given in the forum are good and useful. The course which I have completed for my IT field is CompTIA A+ Certification. This certification are really valued. I got training and complete information and training from the site Atiatraining. they are providing good video training program.