SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Youtube on wordpress - is this possible?

I am really thiking of the best possible solution to my problem. My boxing blog that contains hundreds of boxing knockout youtube videos is attracting more than 1k unique visitors per day but I can't think of any good way to monetize it. Adsense is not working good in such website because all visitors are focusing on watching videos and not on ads.

My plan is to offer membership and asking visitors for a small membership fee in order to watch all available videos in my blog. 1k unique visitors per day from search engines is not a small traffic to ignore.

Now my question is, is there anyway I can do this? To show videos to visitors but when they click this videos they need to register for a small amount (let say $1)? And let only full members to view all videos?

This is a great help to me if this thing has solution...

Thanks a lot.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if it were me, id not pay you for something i could get for free on youtube...dont think thats going to work...

These visitors are definitely boxing fans so why dont you check to see if Amazon has an magazines that they could subscribe to, a subscription could give you a small but monthly commission.

Maybe you could Get all the good videos together and produce a CD and sell them to your visitors.

Maybe you could also start your own online magazine and ask your visitors to subscribe to it for a charge.

I really hope you can do something about that 1k visitors..

all the best...
    Internet Marketing Guide Free Video Channel
    WordPress Themes, Widgets & Plugins For Blogging Needs
    Square Foot Estates and Properties for Real Estate in India.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before I'd charge membership for this, I would look into other sources of income, e.g. merchandise, other ad networks, maybe think of some other added value for which you could charge a membership fee.
    Dan G
    Marketing Strategist & Consultant

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yo-\u would need to make a teaser post but then allow registered users to see the password protected posts, whcih you can do when making the post in wp.

I have thought about something similar to this previously. My idea would be time consuming to begin with but, I think if you could get exclusive footage and upload it to youtube and protect it to "friends only" this could be how members of your site access the material. Not sure if there is any software that would allow you to automate the process. You may need to hire some Indians.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me get this straight, you're going to ask users to pay for content that's available for free on YouTube? Think about it this way, if SitePoint were to close its doors and ask you to pay every time you want to read a post would you? No. No one would.

How can you monetise a Blog that just posts videos? This is the question you should be asking yourself. Perhaps its time to embrace your current success and work towards new content to gain even more visitors. Why not write articles about certain boxers, providing a timeline of their fights in YouTube format with written commentary on their success by you?

SitePoint Zealot digital_shubhi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WEll, if the person doesn't knows about youtube then he will surely pay you the money and watch it.
    But if he is expert in online world, then I don't think he will pay.

- Digital -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ULTiMATE View Post
    Let me get this straight, you're going to ask users to pay for content that's available for free on YouTube? Think about it this way, if SitePoint were to close its doors and ask you to pay every time you want to read a post would you? No. No one would.

How can you monetise a Blog that just posts videos? This is the question you should be asking yourself. Perhaps its time to embrace your current success and work towards new content to gain even more visitors. Why not write articles about certain boxers, providing a timeline of their fights in YouTube format with written commentary on their success by you?
    The youtube videos are just introduction for every fighter.. I have my own edited videos not posted at youtube and stored in my own server.. hundreds of them and counting...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun Valasek View Post
    The youtube videos are just introduction for every fighter.. I have my own edited videos not posted at youtube and stored in my own server.. hundreds of them and counting...
    But can you legally use that content to make money with?

I give you an example, there is/was a site in Germany where you could upload your football skills in action, basically youngsters uploaded their plays in actual junior minor football league games. But the football association claimed that all material produced during such a game is legally theirs, so the site could not even use or monetise that content without their okay.
    Dan G
    Marketing Strategist & Consultant

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I believe that charging to view You Tube videos is a violation of You Tube's TOS:

You agree not to use the Website, including the YouTube Embeddable Player for any commercial use, without the prior written authorization of YouTube. Prohibited commercial uses include any of the following actions taken without YouTube's express approval:

use of the Website or its related services (such as the Embeddable Player), for the primary purpose of gaining advertising or subscription revenue;
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyflower View Post
    I believe that charging to view You Tube videos is a violation of You Tube's TOS:
    Hmmmm.... I think I will only show my own server-hosted videos.. thanks for this.. missed to read that one..

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say use Blip, but since you mention edited content of other fights, I don't think it'd be wise to put that kind of stuff up. Why not build a boxing-themed show and host that on Blip so you can get ad revenue that way? Sure, some people may not click or block it, but it can help.