SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which CMS for embedded video site?

I am looking to put together a site in which I post videos for a particular niche.

I want to stress first off that I will NOT be hosting the videos on this site. I'll be uploading the videos to youtube and simply embedding them in the site. So actually being able to upload the videos and whatnot is not necessary.

Now, what I would like, is to be able to have a landing page that explains the site, and maybe on the sidebar has a couple of the newest videos, and a couple of the most popular. Then, I would like to be able to sort the videos by category (and possibly sub-category), so the user can view just videos (and accompanying descriptions) of a certain type.

It would also be nice to be able to include a blog with the site where I can update viewers on my work in progress, and put up new videos with an accompanying story, but I wouldn't necessarily want the blog to be the main page for the site (rather something you can click on from the landing page).

So, what CMS would be best for me? I only have experience in Drupal, and even that is very limited and was a bit tricky to get layout stuff working, which would seem important for this type of site.

Or, am I better off going with something that's not a CMS per se?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can use joomla with video component hwdvideoshare or jomtube

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, although the WP is mainly for blog, but it still can be desined as CMS. If u want to realize its video, u could try to search its plugins which is desined for that.
    Hope help!