User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding a drop down to existing navigation

Hello,

On this page: http://www.frostwellsandpumps.com I want to add a drop down under Testimonials. Testimonials would cease to link to a page, but underneath would be two items: Residential and Commercial. I could replace the current menu with a Spry menu or create a new menu from scratch but the styling is kind of particular and my Spry menu seemed to break in IE so I'm looking to add on rather than start from scratch. Styling for the drop down items would stay the same.

Thanks.

luciano

PS Worst case scenario I can add a link for Commercial to the horizontal navigation.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not totally sure what you're looking for, but if you need a dropdown menu tutorial, I'd check out Suckerfish Dropdowns on A List Apart: http://www.alistapart.com/articles/dropdowns/

This is the classic method for creating a drop down menu using an HTML list, some CSS, and JavaScript (JavaScript needed only for IE).
    Last edited by chris cressman; Jul 29, 2009 at 17:39. Reason: Edited for clarity

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Chris,

This looks like a great tutorial. I'll be checking it out tomorrow.

All the best,

luciano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are looking for a new toy to play with then dropdowns are just the ticket.

But, personally, I would leave it alone. Your subpage menu is simple and easy to access the way it is. Dropdowns will slow down your visitors, something we all try not to do.

Simplicity and good content is better than cool toys.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well,

I'm thinking along those lines. I only need to add one page for commercial customer testimonials. I could just add one more link to the menu. I've just got the room.

Thanks,

luciano