SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to prevent hacking sites

this morning found my two sites(laptop-battery-inc.co.uk and lithium-batteries.net) were add some Useless code by the third-party, google code that the computer will be against the visitors, that is punished by google, depressed died, my host is the ixwebhosting that always joined by a third party code. what can be done to prevent such a situation?

Community Advisor silver trophy

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Read some of the posts in this forum, it's been discussed many times before.

SitePoint Enthusiast firmaterra's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most likely either the code in your websites is flawed, or you have a virus on your computer that could compromise your FTP program.

Look up code injection and scan your computer for viruses. You really have to look at your logs to begin to figure out how the hackers got it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make your PC security. And update your CMS or website code.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

I know I'm probably in the wrong place for this thread (I'm sorry I'm new to forums and haven't figured out how I can post a new thread yet).

I build static html websites with the only bit of PHP on the contact form, lately I've been finding that some of my sites are being hacked and am trying to get my head around website security, the servers are secure and my PC is checked every week for viruses and malware so I don't think anything is getting through via my FTP programme.

Does anyone know of any useful books or online resources that I could read to help me learn how to improve website security as I have had no experience or training on this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My overtly biased opinion is that you should check out my website, www 54f3 com and get a free scan. We can check what (if any) vulnerabilities your website has and then let you know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really hate this problem myself and its a constant issue, I myself am currently trying to rid myself of trojans and its frustrating how it seems no site is safe, for the meantime however let me recommend a helpful informative article about securing your computer from malicious attacks in the form of a virus, ad ware, etc. Its worth a read and should offer assistance, good luck! http://factoidz.com/how-to-secure-yo...e-and-spyware/