Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exit Pop Script

Hey, i have already tried

exitsplash and physicpop and anytime i install any of them on my site

www.tryslimvia.com

they either break the css of the site and screw it all up, or the actual exit pop itself only works in certain browsers and screws up in IE or doesnt work at all.

Ive already wasted money on those 2 can someone suggest an alternative for an exit pop that is simple and clean and will work regardless of browsers and code around it. I can either paste some kind of code myself or buy a script please let me know thanks.

Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    None of these "go away and don't come back" scripts work properly on all browsers. To start with they rely on a proprietary evcent that only exists in some browsers and which sensible people turn off if it does exist. There is also no way to distinguish between page refresh, changing pages on your site, changing to a different site, and closing the browser.

Just replacing your page content with a "Go away and don't come back' message is almost as effective as those popups would be if they worked. Just deleting your site completely is as effective as they would be.
    Stephen J Chapman

javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so your saying htere is no script out there that i can get to work in all browsers? i just see so many out htere on sales pages figured there would be one