SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My web site promotes and sells pacific northwest totemic art. The url is http://www.northwest-art.com
    My sales policy has been very simple up to know, let me know what you're interested in and I'll send it to you. If you like it, send me a check-if not just send it back. I thought this would help with customer confidence in a product they had never seen in person and I've not had any problems with it.
    I do wonder if it would make a difference in sales if I allowed people to purchase with credit cards. It seems so ingrained that maybe there are people out there that it would encourage. What do you think? Your opinions would be a huge help. Thanks.

------------------

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would have to perform an evalution of your business model and decide whether it would actually attract new customers and create new sales, or whether it would just provide your existing customers a new way of paying for things. Is it worth the time and effort? You should nto decide to do things because other people are doing it.

------------------
    www.gib-online.com
    The Rock of Gibraltar on the WEB
    www.urban-studios.com
    ...for all your IT solutions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends on your traffic, I think. I know of some people who want to accept credit cards on their site, but being me (not looking at the situation through optimistic, naive eyes) and seeing it from farther back, it's obvious they're unlikely to make more than a sale or two.

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Blaine
    Spend the money on other stuff first before e-commerce. Maybe next year you can revaluate the situation?