User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Online community forums

Hello everybody,

I have just created an online survey on the "Attractiveness of online communities - a userís perspective"
    and am looking for relevant online community forums to post it ... anyone here got ideas?

Thanks for your suggestions,
    John

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm, depends, what sort of demographics are you looking for? Any specific age group, nationality, interest, ... and just out of curiosity, what is it for?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi c2uk,

No it is really open meaning the language is set to english as only paramater.
    I am addressing big online communities such as youtube, myspace, twitter, and facebook but am interested in all (also small or even closed) communities.

Cheers,
    John

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, you could in theory also get people below 18 to participate? In which case, one community I'd post it would be www.thestudentroom.co.uk - lots of students, and many use YouTube, Facebook, not so much Twitter/MySpace.

Still wondering what it is for? A social science degree?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey thanks for the tip!

I am studying something else SIM (a strategy master). But I am a fan of social media so I chose to write my master thesis on the topic. I created a blog as well to post the findings and a twitter account to discuss online communities there
    Hope this clarifies

Now a tip back to the community

wanted to inform everybody about Farcebook's newest idea:

Facebook has agreed to let third party advertisers use your posted pictures without your permission
    Click on "Settings" up at the top where you see the "Logout" link. Select "Privacy". Then select "News Feed and Wall". Next, select the tab that reads "Facebook Ads". In the drop down box, select "No One". Then save your changes. Do it now. Help your friends...cut and paste this into your status

Greetings,
    John
    Last edited by Shyflower; Jul 29, 2009 at 09:53.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it depends on your target. If you target teens then facebook is the right place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by angelie View Post
    Yes it depends on your target. If you target teens then facebook is the right place.
    I don't think you actually understood the request.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hehe ty angelie and I agree,

but my target is to find lively and involved communities on which I would like to publish my survey and if possible start an ongoing discussion on the topic online communities - involving also the findings of the survey ... a kind of win-win situation for people interested in the topic.

I still am very thankful for suggestions. The student forum suggested above for instance is really great.

I just found an article on online etiquette by Chris Brogan "Quit pro No" and the expectation of reciprocal behavior - you will have to google it if you are interested in it because I may not post any links yet

Greetings,
    John
    Last edited by Shyflower; Jul 29, 2009 at 09:53.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to share something having been able to appreciate your help so far.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear fellow online community enthusiasts,

First of all, thank you all for your participation in this project so far! I am hoping to convince you to add feedback on the survey in this forum or take part in it if you haven’t yet.
    As promised I have combined all the results of the online survey “Attractiveness of online communities - a user’s perspective” into a word file making it easier for you to filter through the data. The file can be opened in a new window without saving it, so you don't have to take any risks downloading a file from the Internet. Please download the file from my social network http://socialmediaaddiction.ning.com...nities-results
    I hope you appreciate this effort and recommend the survey to your friends, as I do rely on word-of-mouth advertising.

The link to take the survey is http://ww3.unipark.de/uc/online-communities

<snip>

Many thanks,
    John  
    Last edited by Shyflower; Aug 22, 2009 at 06:57. Reason: removed personal links

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THese days everyone use facebook, twitter, myspace and other networking sites I think....and it is important also because majority of target consumers are available there.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am really looking forward to submitting my thesis on the 17th of August and finally start enjoying the summer ^.-

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Search your website catagory in search engine,you will get lot of forum sites.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey buddy please update the progress of that community forum which you had in mind.....I am waiting for some updates so that I could also start on it.

SitePoint Enthusiast freakme619's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude, it depends on your target. What or who are your target. There are many categories to look for. If you can specify what categories you want, maybe I can help a little.
    I love musics

SitePoint Enthusiast myndconsulting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on your target demographics. Maybe this URL can help: http://www.big-boards.com

It is a list of top message boards/online forums.