User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Campaign Monitor subscriber notification

Hi,

I am using Campaign Monitor for email marketing and love it with one exception. My problem:

How can I be notified whenever someone subscribes, since the action of the form goes to CM (and therefore is out of my hands and CM doesn't offer this as an option)? I realize there can only be one action so is there a script I could use with the form, hidden field, whatever, that would handle this securely?

CM is usually very responsive and an excellent company but their typical answer to this question on the forums is "you could always do some scripting yourself..." but that is less than helpful. I have no idea how.

Here is a basic sign-up form:

Code:
    <form action="http://sitename.anothername.com/t/y/s/djukuj/" method="post">
    <div>
    <label for="name">Name:</label><br /><input type="text" name="cm-name" id="name" /><br />
    <label for="djukuj-djukuj">Email:</label><br /><input type="text" name="cm-djukuj-djukuj" id="djukuj-djukuj" /><br />

<input type="submit" value="Subscribe" />
    </div>
    </form>
    When the form is submitted, the subscriber info is populated on a CM page that I must login to see. I'd prefer to receive an email notification as well because I have added a comment textarea and want to respond right away.

Thanks for any tips / advice...
    Pam

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy bluedreamer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not that familiar with CM's API but i would offer this as an improvement suggestion.