SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Facebook as a traffic arena

I'm not sure how to define it. This article from copyblogger explains it better:
    http://www.copyblogger.com/facebook-killing-seo/

Basically, the idea is that with a huge user base and pages that can't be indexed by Google, Facebook has created a HUGE whole new world of traffic that SEO is not relevant in. I wonder if I should start putting more effort into FB marketing and if so, how.

Your thoughts?
    My Web Publishing Blog: B6S.net - I dofollow but don't spam!
    Follow me on Twitter
    My favorite content writer:
    Steve Snedeker

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think that FaceBook is the ultimate Social Media tool for connecting with others. It allows you to build a group of "friends" who are interested in what you have to say. In addition to linking to your own websites and/or blogs, you can build a circle of interested contacts by both 1) FaceBook blogs on websites and/or blogs that interest you and 2) your comments on your friends posts.

Face Book also provides you with an easy way to find topics that interest you through reading not only the posts of your friends, but finding new friends through comments left by others. It is truly the best opportunity for viral marketing on the web.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'm making progress with my "personal" facebook page. Now, I wonder, what would be a good way to promote my non-personal website? It's about cats and is quite separate from my personal/political blogging. Should I create a facebook profile for the website, or maybe create a group?
    My Web Publishing Blog: B6S.net - I dofollow but don't spam!
    Follow me on Twitter
    My favorite content writer:
    Steve Snedeker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We create our group in facebook but suddenly it didn't work out since most people use facebook for their personal things and the connection with their friends

BUT

If you create a profile account on facebook and promote your links, then that wll be more effective than creating a group on facebook. I find it easier when you interact with people compared to just sending them links... People tend to forget who you are, therefore they'll just ignore your post. You have to build credibility on facebook too you know

by P.O.S

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been having a lot of trouble using facebook as an effective traffic generator, does anyone offer any commercial service that I may be able to assist me?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been modifying and rebumping my facebook account and I guess it is also a nice source of traffic.

Also, a good source for informations and ideas. As they have replied, your friends can give you ideas and you can widen your horizons by meeting more friends in there.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Facebook is the best tool to connecting people.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Facebook's definitely gotten me some hits so far. I'm eager to delve deeper into it and see what I can really do.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried something like this with facebook but didn't work like what I thought....I tried to create friends but everyone accepted the invitation after that nothing really happened.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sites like facebook are kind of personal networking and i dont think if you are building a community for business sort of things, you would like to involve your friends and etc....)

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Facebook can give us good result if we use it in a proper way. Most important is searching for targeted members which are relevant to our topics, subjects or business.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Face book is really cool, the hottest and the highest high PR social media. They have cool features and the games are really fun. face book can really give a big help in driving traffic to your websites.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tried it, and the results have been just fair.
    Maybe i need to put more time in networking there, but that would keep me from working for the rest of the net.
    I prefer to stay with Google, lol..

SitePoint Enthusiast myndconsulting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Facebook is a big marketing tool. Your business should have a Facebook page that can act as your customer relationship tool. You can post updates on your business, promotions, photos, videos, and links to interesting articles related to your business. Invite your Facebook friends to your Facebook page.

If a friend becomes a fan, he/she can receive an update thru the Admin updates link of your Facebook page.

Place a Facebook badge on your home page so that visitors can have a direct link to your Facebook page.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used facebook... and i would say that it is true

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also do not use facebook.

But I want to learn how to use it.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using these social network sites are not hard just do as what the instructions tell you in the site...but they don't work out well except twitter.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    facebook is the best Social Media for me...

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing with social networks is that they're best suited to social actions.

Posting a link to your latest articles and saying 'hey read this!!!' is fine, but there's heaps of value to be had from finding ways to encourage people to talk about you and your stuff. Coming up with quizzes and other fun stuff that people will want to share with their friends trumps a boring old link any day.
    "I'm Commander Shepard, and this is
    my favourite post on the internet."

We'll miss you, Dan Schulz.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have got a lot of traffic through facebook for my blogger blogs.Its indeed a whole world within itself.

SitePoint Enthusiast freakme619's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Facebook is good in terms in traffic. Many people are using facebook. You can even promote your site or even use viral marketing. It's page rank is 9 out of 10 did even thought about that. If it's that case many people are using facebook as a source of communication and connecting them to all parts in the world.
    I love musics

SitePoint Enthusiast facebooklicious's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Facebook is really an effective source to boost up traffic to a website. Nice info

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I joined an internet marketing group on faceboof and all these internet marketers keep adding me. Why are they doing this. Are they just taking the chance that i might be interested in their product because i am also an internet marketer?

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by int-mark View Post
    I joined an internet marketing group on faceboof and all these internet marketers keep adding me. Why are they doing this. Are they just taking the chance that i might be interested in their product because i am also an internet marketer?
    I would bet dollars to donuts that's exactly what they're doing. I hope you don't feel obliged to befriend them back. I have people do this sometimes and all they have on their wall is blah-blah-spam-blah-blah.

Honestly do these people not get the whole point of a social network? It's not free advertising; it's relationship building!

Also, 'faceboof' is my new favourite word.
    "I'm Commander Shepard, and this is
    my favourite post on the internet."

We'll miss you, Dan Schulz.

SitePoint Enthusiast freakme619's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the goal or the meaning of the social networking is being discarded. Sometimes users abused is making it an advertising site instead of social networking or relationship building. Haha. I like the term you called "faceboof", can I use is raena? I like that word.
    I love musics