SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I.E. Collapsing DIV's?

Hello

I've got a very simple layout, but I'm finding a very big problem in I.E. that I can't seem to solve. It appears to be fine in FF on the Mac and PC.

I'm confused because two different pages with the same code are displaying different problems, and I'm wondering if it's something to do with Joomla or it's me missing something. It's my first crack with Joomla.

On my first page the structure has collapsed completely, so it's not displaying text, on the 'history' page, the text is there, but the layout is wrong.

I've tried most of the morning to put it right, thinking it was a hasLayout issue in I.E., but I'm not completely sure unfortunately. :

http://www.christopherbarnard.co.uk/economic

If anyone can help?
    There and back to see how far it is...

billycundiff{float:left;} silver trophybronze trophy RyanReese's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No it's not a haslayout issue, the cause is tihs code
    Code:
    <!--[if gte mso 10]> <mce:style><!   /* Style Definitions */  table.MsoNormalTable 	{mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; 	

mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; 	mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; 	mso-style-noshow:yes; 	mso-style-priority:99; 	

mso-style-qformat:yes; 	mso-style-parent:""; 	mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; 	mso-para-margin:0cm; 	

mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; 	mso-pagination:widow-orphan; 	font-size:11.0pt; 	

font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; 	mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; 	mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; 	

mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; 	mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; 	mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; 	

mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; 	mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; 	mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} -->
    Why in the world do you have that in ther elol.
    Always looking for web design/development work.
    http://www.CodeFundamentals.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well spotted....

I think that code must have come from copying text from a mail client...That's my excuse anyway...

I'm still having a padding issue on the navbar. A zeroed the padding in the code, but I think I.E. is still behaving as if there is 40px worth of padding, which Firebug is showing me is traceable to some Joomla css - which I can't find!

Again I'm not sure if that is the problem - it's my first time with Joomla so I'm sure there are other surprises...

Thanks....
    There and back to see how far it is...

billycundiff{float:left;} silver trophybronze trophy RyanReese's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissyb View Post
    Well spotted....

I think that code must have come from copying text from a mail client...That's my excuse anyway...

I'm still having a padding issue on the navbar. A zeroed the padding in the code, but I think I.E. is still behaving as if there is 40px worth of padding, which Firebug is showing me is traceable to some Joomla css - which I can't find!

Again I'm not sure if that is the problem - it's my first time with Joomla so I'm sure there are other surprises...

Thanks....
    I don't nkow which space you are talking about, the space between the top nav and the content/sidebar?

THat's because of the bottom margin on the <ul>. THe bottom padding on the right navbar is caused by #rightBar

If those spaces aren't it then tell me.
    Always looking for web design/development work.
    http://www.CodeFundamentals.com