Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Very Weird Browser Problem - I Am Exhausted

Hi Guys - working on a Volusion E-Commerce site:

www - dot - tinydimples - dot - com

(it won't let me post the linkie)

I'm about done with the design and set up for the client; however - in Chrome, Safari and a few other browsers - the main content is pushed off to the right instead of centered.

It's a mish-mash of tables, divs and such - and works fine with IE, Firefox and several other browsers - but I'm concerned about Chrome & Safari. I have tried container divs, tables, all sorts of things to center this content in all browsers and NOTHING works for Safari & Chrome. But then again - I might have looked at it too long...

One thing that might be causing it - is that the client wants top navigation (which we have) but also side navigation - but not side navigation until the user clicks into the site away from the homepage. Volusion has a style called "If_Not_Homepage" - and I applied it here, so that the left sidebar would only display if not the homepage. It seems to work for it's purpose, but could it be causing the problems in Safari & Chrome?

Does any really bright lantern of a web designer out there see what I've done wrong? I am sure it's something simple that I've missed or overlooked - but after a couple of weeks trying to resolve, I need to request help from the pros.

Thanks for all you do - I appreciate any feedback

Best,
    Kari
    Kari Mitchell
    Kari & Company
    Websites, Internet + Graphic Projects

www.kariandco.com

Resident curmudgeon bronze trophy gary.turner's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not tested.

To the menu's following table, add {clear: left;}.

You also have menu problems on the home page. Make the menu's nested ul {position: absolute;}, and the top level li {position: relative;}.cheers,

gary
    Anyone can build a usable website. It takes a graphic
    designer to make it slow, confusing, and painful to use.

Simple minded html & css demos and tutorials

SitePoint Enthusiast KariMitchell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

That clear: left; CSS statement worked like a charm. I feel like I had just looked at it too long - thanks so much for the help - it straightened up the menu and moved the content to the left properly in the other browsers. Very thankful for your help -

Kari
    Kari Mitchell
    Kari & Company
    Websites, Internet + Graphic Projects

www.kariandco.com