SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all,

I've been drafted to write two (2) business plan's for 2 different online companies.

Company A is a start-up that will be seeking funding.

Company B is a 1-2 year old brick & mortar business that is looking at expanding it's operations into the online arena.

I can do business plans this isn't my problem but i need to see an example of a business plan for an online operation.

I can't seem to find anything online and I've contact people in the industry and they either don't have them or don't really want to give it out.

any help would be much appreciated.

------------------
    Eric Jones - SitePoint Administrator
    http://www.sitepoint.com
    eric@sitepoint.com

[This message has been edited by jonese (edited July 16, 2000).]

Kat's Meow Senior ******* WebKat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bookmarked this site "B-Plans...Business Plans and Marketing Plans -- Free Samples and Interactive Tools"

Haven't checked it out fully but looks like it might be useful!

------------------
    Dlynn - SitePoint Moderator
    PawPrint Designs by WebKat
    "Let's keep Ethics on the Web"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea i checked them out but you have to own the software Business Plan Pro in order to "view" the full document. Otherwise you just get bit's and piece's that aren't complete etc....

------------------
    eric@sitepoint.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have the business plan for www.diamondfloor.com a B2B operation for the diamond industry. it is quite detailed and was prepared with help from deloitte & touche

would you be interested in buying a copy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wait sorry...i mean...

email me with your inquiries...

this isn't a solicitation for purchase...no money exchange on the forum...

email me to discuss further.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting an online business plan seems to be something i think will be very easy and your question and the responses so far have proved everything wrong.

Have you tried business start up bulletin boards and discussion forums?, outside the web mastering groups. Consulted their archives/records because i am very sure project finance web sites will provide you with some hidden treasures. Keep us informed because your request is not only important but strategic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote/font><HR>Originally posted by fashola:
    Getting an online business plan seems to be something i think will be very easy and your question and the responses so far have proved everything wrong.

Have you tried business start up bulletin boards and discussion forums?, outside the web mastering groups. Consulted their archives/records because i am very sure project finance web sites will provide you with some hidden treasures. Keep us informed because your request is not only important but strategic.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You couldn't have been further from the truth. A business plan for traditional businesses (brick and mortar) usually takes several months if not years.

An online business plan is extremely important and isn't easy. There has to be extensive research done in different areas and you have to determine your various marketing plans and implementation strategies...etc.

fashola...you have no clue. i'm sorry, but I used to be a Management Consultant Intern for a big 5 consulting firm and I got to know global e-business leaders and I still keep in touch with them...and they know their stuff and they would tell you otherwise.

LOOK AT THE INDUSTRY!! why are so many e-commerce sites failing? poor lacking, because they thought that putting a business plan together in days would be fine.

Jonesse...I can imagine that your business plan has sensitive information and if you would like I could give you more direction. email me with inquiries and I will help where I can.

Sam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey all,

thanks for all the help but i'm still running into brick walls. Everyone wants to sell me their business plan, or they don't want to give me any help.

Unless i can get something i'm just going to "wing it" and hope that we can work something out with the companies and the lawyers etc.

------------------
    eric@sitepoint.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what are some of the main issues that you are addressing in the business plan? (headings)

what type of research have you done?

What type of financing are you looking for? Venture Capitalist or Angel Investor? How much of the company do you want and what is your exit strategy for your investors? When will they see results?

What makes you better than the next guy?

What are some barriers to market?

Jonesse!! I can't spell it out for you any better!!!

I can help you, just ask specifics...answering these questions will definitely help you.

sam

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jonese,

Have you seen: http://sbinformation.about.com/small...y/aa122898.htm

I think there are other about.com sites with more related info

Misja