SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Kai Koenig
    SitePoint Community Guest

What's New in ColdFusion 9?

Notice: This is a discussion thread for comments about the SitePoint article, What's New in ColdFusion 9?.

Just as an additional note - if folks want to play with some of the demos live - here's a link to a site:

http://sitepointdemos.fasthit.net/cf9new

Kai
    Last edited by mattymcg; Jul 16, 2009 at 03:23.

Anonymous
    If you're not among the first 200 participants filling the form, you can try order a free printed copy of the kit from Adobe's website : go to products > ColdFusion > ColdFusion Evangelism Kit (right menu, last item of the Evaluate submenu).

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I finally got to one of the SP Quiz's before it ran out of books but I think the form is busted... Any thoughts?

Oh, BTW: Coldfusion 9 is looking pretty good. I haven't really looked much at it since about version 6 but now it seems to have a lot more going for it.
    Andrew Wasson | www.lunadesign.org
    Principal / Internet Development

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy cydewaze's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just upgraded from 6.0 to 8. It's always nice to see a new version of CF. It's a lot more powerful than people give it credit for. I think Adobe has provided a positive influence.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cydewaze View Post
    It's a lot more powerful than people give it credit for. I think Adobe has provided a positive influence.
    That and, back when CFM was all the rage I found the sites I was tasked with updating or fixing were really poorly built which of course generated a bad reputation amongst those who got to work with them. I will have to give it another look.
    Andrew Wasson | www.lunadesign.org
    Principal / Internet Development

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by awasson View Post
    That and, back when CFM was all the rage I found the sites I was tasked with updating or fixing were really poorly built which of course generated a bad reputation amongst those who got to work with them. I will have to give it another look.
    I think that with it being tag-based, it's really easy for non-programmers to pick up, so you get people coding it who have little (or no) programming experience. They can sort of figure out how to get it to do what they need, but it may not be the way it should be done.

duncan
    ColdFusion, seriously??? Adobe should really dump this "language" - it does not help with credibility...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
    ColdFusion, seriously??? Adobe should really dump this "language" - it does not help with credibility...
    Maybe if you knew anything at all about CF, you'd change your mind.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >> ColdFusion, seriously??? Adobe should really dump this "language"

Another bitter person who feels superior to others because he uses X technology when others use Y.

seriously??? Your dad can beat up other peoples dad. Are you like 15 or something?

What ever makes you feel better about yourself.