User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Displaced Web Developer/ Web Master looking for direction

Hi,
    I recently was layed off and I am bit lost. I have 10+ experience in Web Mastering and Web Development and a bit of Web Designing. Through the years I have had to learn a little bit of everything, but I am not quite an expert on many of them, except for HTML and CSS and setting up websites (both hardware & software). I would like to learn one or two things real well so that I can be very confident on my ability and market myself for my next job. It doesn't matter if it Flash and Action Script, PHP, .Net, ColdFusion, Ajax, XML ad XSLT, Silverligth, C# or VB, Applications for IPhones. I have some knowledge of them and I can learn more of any. What do you recommend? Where do you think the web industry is going?
    I will really appreciate the advice from this community.

Thanks

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am tutor for HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP and MYSQL, AJAX teaching Web Mastering I have made a very good experience with the stuff displayed above in exactly the same order. These are basics for each development.

Flash - only if you have feeling for good design and can design yourself. VB, NET and other stuff make you depend on the technology.

And in common database development is the most important thing now and is going to be even more important in the future.