SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: rollover help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rollover help

We just did a site with our own rollover code (well, adapted from somebody else's code. I just mean, not Dreamweaver or GoLive code) and there's a problem.

If you let the site load fully, no problem. But if you try to roll over a nav graphic too early, you get a broken picture box. Then, after the rollover graphic is loaded, it will display but only if you roll back over the broken box. If you don't, it'll stay there, and that's what's so annoying about it.

Should I set the rollover graphics to preload before the site is done loading? Or is there something about the Javascript I can change? You can check it out at TedChristopher.com.

SitePoint Evangelist azizur_rahman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't seems to have any preloading of the over images... the preloading function is not loading the images as fast as it should be....

it could be due to the fact that they takes a while to download...why dont you do this...

before the user see anything download all the images.... you seems to be also calling the preloading images function onpage load (<body onload=...) which is ok.. but have you tried making the script run directly... instead?

visit: www.dynamicdrive.com and do a search for preloading Images... they've really good scripts there
    Azizur Rahman
    Web Application Developer