Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is twitter still hot?

is twitter still hot? or cooling down?

twitter is a micro blogging tool. what will be next in the near future?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I think twitter is best way of traffics and it would be best in future too.

I saw a thread with title "Twitter Benefits" here in same category, why are you not watching that thread to know more.

Thanks
    Jerry

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twitter is hot and hope it remains the same but the problem with it is we can't have targeted traffic in better ways. it can be done but it will need lots of efforts to achieve the goals.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by datingsitez View Post
    is twitter still hot? or cooling down?

twitter is a micro blogging tool. what will be next in the near future?
    It's hot and it's even getting hotter.

You Bet Your Life...Really lerxtjr's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think people "plateau" with twitter. They have a real problem with retaining participants. I'm up to about 2500 followers and like 90% of them are Internet marketers. That's not my market, but Internet marketers are early adopters. So if you sell to Internet marketers, Twitter is hot as fire.

The more rounded hotness of Twitter that I'm seeing is related to "real time search" which seems to be a neglected issue at sitepoint. Check out Collecta.com for example and search for something.

Their search results USE twitter content....and wordpress blog posts that are hosted at wordpress. For that reason, yes, twitter is still hot. But, as with anything remarkable on the web, us marketers will figure out a way to beat it to death so that even real time search using Twitters database will be inundated.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion, Twitter can be easily used to promote your blogsite. You can easily earn more followers. You can post a link to your blog to gain more visitors to your site. For me , TWITTER helps me a lot!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeap. Actually it's receiving more and more traffic as day pass by..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's still hot and no where near cooling down.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AbbeyzSmith View Post
    Twitter is hot and hope it remains the same but the problem with it is we can't have targeted traffic in better ways. it can be done but it will need lots of efforts to achieve the goals.
    I have noticed that I use to get more traffic from twitter before, but I am not getting more traffic now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems to be cooling down a bit, though it's still hot and probably one of the sites with the highest growth rate.
    In a period of less than 2 month it has jumped from the 180th place to the 40th (from over 30 million domains).

The idea of twitter's communication is great as it fits best into a busy life as it is nowadays.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I currently get about 2,000 UV a day off twitter - it's one of my main traffic sources. This is spread over a lot of accounts and it's fully automated. So I would say it's hot and easy if you know what you're doing.

Also you can target your traffic somewhat depending on how you use twitter - Example: I use TwitterFriend Adder Pro - I'm able to pull keywords to search for friends
    Buy Website Traffic
    Free Web Hosting - 5gig Space / 15 GB Bandwidth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twitter can be a helpful tool if one know how to use it. You should not just tweet and post links. You should also interact with your followers.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at the #s its still heating up: http://alexa.com/siteinfo/twitter.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How could such a simple website become so popular?! I can't believe what's happened with them. Seems like a trend to me, Myspace was the top dog and look what happened there - without the music side, they would have caved in by now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish Twitter could add a music player or something in its interface.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan6 View Post
    How could such a simple website become so popular?!
    It is incredibly simple, and it provides value. It's blogging taken to its logical extreme. It spent years growing among alpha geeks, and it might have taken a couple more before it became mainstream. The main reason why it's sizzling hot right now is that people are using it in Iran and other countries to organize protests and let the world know what they are going through. This, more than anything else, got the attention of the New York Times and CNN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ruby-lang View Post
    It is incredibly simple, and it provides value. It's blogging taken to its logical extreme. It spent years growing among alpha geeks, and it might have taken a couple more before it became mainstream. The main reason why it's sizzling hot right now is that people are using it in Iran and other countries to organize protests and let the world know what they are going through. This, more than anything else, got the attention of the New York Times and CNN.
    Yup. That's true. With the communications being cut from them they have to make a move... something that they can tell to the world.

SitePoint Zealot digital_shubhi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its hot even now.. But don't know why I am not able to follow more than 2k people.
    Is there any limit?

- Digital -

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like it's full of thousands of people trying to advertise their product to you.
    They follow you in hopes that you will follow them back & respond to their links ( ads).
    So, those folks are unlikely to read the content that you post at all.

When you are looking for a TV to buy, or a new mortgage, or whatever, do you look on twitter???

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be useful and great for real traffics, unless someting coming up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still effective and traffic generating resource for the website.

Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by digital_shubhi View Post
    I think its hot even now.. But don't know why I am not able to follow more than 2k people.
    Is there any limit?

- Digital -
    There is no limit to how many you can follow - just that you need to have a decent number following you as well before you can go over the 2000 - somewhere close to 2000 followers should allow you to start following more.

I am a relatively recent user of twitter having only 300 posts and 50 followers.
    Stephen J Chapman

javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think twitter limits 200 follows per day anything that is more than 200 is considered as spamming

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no specific limit on the number of people that you can follow. The limit is different for every member. There should be a balance for the number of your follower and the number of people following you.

According to Twitter Support
    We've also placed limits on the number of people you can follow. The number is different for everyone, and is based on a ratio that changes as the account changes. If you hit a follow limit, you must balance your follower/following ratio in order to follow more people- basically, you can't follow 50,000 people if only 23 people follow you. Based on current behavior in the Twitter community, we've concluded that this is both fair and reasonable.
    source: help.twitter.com/forums/10711/entries/15364

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just would like to say that Twitter has stood out to be a good example in their own right. It's all about customer focused communication methods that enhance the relationships. This makes people more likely to continue using its services.

I had a problem with Squidoo the other week. In no time, a CM contacted me through Twitter and fixed the problem. Exemplary customer service!