User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Blog - Best ways to send lots of new traffic to it

hey, james here... i've been running a small blog now for a little over a year, and just recently after reading alot on some of these different forums ive started trying to monetize my blog with adsense and am looking to find different easy ways to send lots of new traffic. So far since i started ive just been dropping alot of links in comments i post on others blogs.. and doing social bookmarking which is where most of my traffic comes from using the automated software from bmdemon.pcti-system. com .. which im sure most of you are probably using also. But I was jus curious, as im still fairly new to this, what are some other easy effective ways i could drive alot of new traffic to my blog? And furthermore, for those other methods for traffic are you aware of any effective software like bm demon that will automate those methods for me that isnt going to cost me much?? As I work 40 hours a week and often find myself with very limited time to work on this project... Any advice / comments / suggestions would be very appreciated!! thanks

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tire article marketing? Submitting article to article directories is also a good way to get targeted traffic.

Thanks
    Noogee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact - blogs gets most of the traffic from webmasters who are looking to get their site optimized and looking for links and traffic. So if you have comment section then its good but if you have do-follow on them then its much better.

Still you need to make sure that you do approve comments only if they are really meaningful to the visitors.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some traffic is coming from other blog.
    Browse some other blog with the same idea with yours, or same keywords, then put your comment on their post.
    you can add your link on the comments, pointing to your page or blog.

This works for me.
    But, again, this is one of many methods..

Try this and good luck..

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by extreme-seo View Post
    Still you need to make sure that you do approve comments only if they are really meaningful to the visitors.
    This is VERY important. You must moderate blog comments.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, James,do u try forum signature and press releasees?

You Bet Your Life...Really lerxtjr's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got kinda tired about answering this question all the time with clients about traffic building options so I made a list of 101 traffic methods, which turned into a whitepaper. You're welcome to it. Just go to 101TrafficMethods.com.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep on promoting your site.... You will surely see results very soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To start with, get yourself listed in all directory and aggretators revelant to your blog. Then start posting on blogs on similar subjects with do-follow backlinks. Shouldn't take to long to get traffic.
    Feed Distiller Aggregating RSS feeds into topical feeds.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lets's start from

Directory submission
    Social sites dig,mixx facebook
    Rss directory
    blog directors
    Do commetns on other and get on your
    Forums
    Blogs
    article marketing .

so let's start it like this and hopes you will start getting good traffic

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here a way to get a lot of traffic
    bookmark all your pages, ping then submit to rss directories.
    Buy .edu .gov Backlinks
    Hire Link Builders for $250 a/month
    20.000 Backlinks SEO Package

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is important to keep the blog updated with fresh "unique" content that is not only optimized but also useful for your targeted visitors. Work on ranking your blog well in the search engines. I would like to think that traffic from the search engines are the best targeted visitors.

Lian

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, you should find your own specific topic for your blog. Update your blog everyday if possible. Be direct to point in discussing topics. Submit your blog to blog directories like technorati, blogcatalog, blogtoplist, blogtopsites, blogrankings... etc. Visit different forums related to your blog and try posting on it. Learn to use Social Networking Sites such as TWITTER, FACEBOOK, MULTIPLY and FRIENDSTER and invite your friends/ followers to visit your site. Put any CONTEST into your site that can give a small amount of money as prize to whoever wins in it.

phpLD Fanatic bronze trophy dvduval's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by ThexChamp420 View Post
    hey, james here... i've been running a small blog now for a little over a year, and just recently after reading alot on some of these different forums ive started trying to monetize my blog with adsense and am looking to find different easy ways to send lots of new traffic. So far since i started ive just been dropping alot of links in comments i post on others blogs.. and doing social bookmarking which is where most of my traffic comes from using the automated software from bmdemon.pcti-system. com .. which im sure most of you are probably using also. But I was jus curious, as im still fairly new to this, what are some other easy effective ways i could drive alot of new traffic to my blog? And furthermore, for those other methods for traffic are you aware of any effective software like bm demon that will automate those methods for me that isnt going to cost me much?? As I work 40 hours a week and often find myself with very limited time to work on this project... Any advice / comments / suggestions would be very appreciated!! thanks
    Something that is overlooked is the site itself. Making a site that is worthwhile, and worth returning to read again, is not easy.

One of the main reasons your traffic is going to grow is because there is a reason to return to your site. Your task to come up with some good reasons, which might include:
    1. Valuable and updated information
    2. Community and interaction (blog commenting)

There are many people out there "spinning their wheels" trying to "SEO" their site, and they just don't have a site that does them any good once a visitor arrives.

Do some brainstorming and try some new strategies on your site. Use google analytics to study the bounce rates, and see if you can improve them. Also, try to see which articles are getting the most traffic, so you can see what would be good to write about next.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThexChamp420 View Post
    Is these kind of black hat techniques and demons are good as google have clear policy about it and your site is get banned...
    Google easily get it when a no of links linking to your site in a short interval....

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would agree with lianvaiphei, money_blog and dvduval. Before you start to do any massive promoting, you should have your website ready with all the promotional tools (e.g.: rss) and some good content on your website.

Otherwise you would spend too much time to bring loads of traffic that will be wasted since your visitors will not stay on your site or link to it.

I would suggest you focus on content development and make sure they are submitted to search engines and social networks. On the other hand, if your blog is already well-maintained with good content, there is a vast array of techniques you can use to promote your blog. So, which is your situation?
    D.: Web Developer | Designer | Management Consultant
    // Writing daily on:
    netParticles: Web Promotion and Marketing Blog | Twitter | RSS
    (insightful and helpful. not some know-it-all SEO site with spam text)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blogs Traffic mostly depends on content , honestly people like to visit blog, when they want to read some great articles and research or when they want to leave them URL For SEO Purpose (specially webmasters and blog users) , So for first you have to have unique and user friendly content on your blog, it will also attract Visitors and Search engines too, And also if you write very good article people like to link with your that post, ViA track back, And For Second kind of peoples (webmasters) You have to have dofollow comments attribute on your blog , but it will make your job bit difficult because after that you'll receive lot of Spam comments on your blog , so you have to moderate all of your comments very carefully , so its depend on you what kind of visitors you want to target ,

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well,

Bring in trafic and raising page rank can not be done overnight, you have to constantly do the work, ie: blog posting, bookmarking, article submission etc...

For more details on SEO you can have lynda;s video tutorial.

I hope my answer would help you.

Thanks,
    Chestnut
    Last edited by DaveMaxwell; Jul 13, 2009 at 05:26. Reason: removed link

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you want to do is add some sort of keywordluv application to your blog. This will then generate all the traffic of the individuals that just want to post to receive the free backlink

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trick to blogs:

Update often (as in all day), and make sure every article is entertaining no matter what you are discussing. I have a lot of experience with film/gaming/tv blogs and I can tell you that the ones that post entertaining, well-written articles get tons more traffic than those with exclusives, contacts and scoops.

Do a lot of images, people love looking through images, which means more page views per person. Keep them involved, so a comments plugin like intense debate is a must.

Write to Yahoo and Google, they both have News systems that accept blogs (google more than yahoo)

Remember, blogging is competitive and flooded (thanks in part to wordpress), so you have to work hard at it or a competitor will outdo you.

Cheers
    Ryan
    Upcoming Movies - Movie News. Updated Daily.
    Movie Trailers - Awesome trailer site. Nuff said.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do not concentrate so much in Traffic. You should check your conversion rates. Try to get as much relative traffic as possible and lower your bounce rates.

Any way in order to get more traffic in your blog try adding some quality links, start an seo campaign, promote your site by using social media, consider having a pay per click / ad campaign etc.

I am about to write a blog post about the issue i will let you know when it will be online.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have found making blogs do follow really helps as you get more hits but it may not be the traffic that you really want coming to your site. AKA the type that just wants to feed of your google page rank

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Write some articles with a backlink

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Webmasters with an impressive blog, like, Jeremy Shoemaker (I think that is how you spell his last name; shoemoney.com.) and John Chow (JohnChow.com) did so through advertising and word of mouth.

Everything else out there is bottom of the barrel that won't help you much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Content is king in SEO. Good content drives traffic. If people find your blog interesting, they will link you naturally. Also participate in social networking sites and post in Yahoo Answers.