User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice on developing software for my workplace

Hi everyone!

I'm an electrical engineer employed at a MEP consultancy however though I'm not paid to manage the I.T. or any software issues/development, I've noticed that there are some software which can really ease the stress of daily activities. Hence, I've begun digging into software development particularly desktop and mobile apps.

I primarily want to use these apps for my own use and make things easier for myself but I can already tell that they can be of benefit to everyone in the company. Also, in order to really utilise the apps, I'll have to install them on the desktop I use at work.

How should I go about deploying these apps for my use and the use of any of my interested workmates while also ensuring I maintain the necessary intellectual property rights and possibly rights for future distribution to other companies?

Does anyone have a similar experience?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You said you noticed some software that can help you but is that software already made?

If you have no background in software developing, you might have a hard time depending on the complexity.

What you could do is create a design document of the software you would like to have and hand it to the IT department.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work at a small company which unfortunately has no IT department