SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Website for Downloads, A CMS that specializes in file and download management?

I'm trying to get some download sites up, I offer a lot of different resources and I can't find any CMS or application that is made for download management.

I thought Wordpress would be the best route but without advanced PHP knowledge you can only go so far, I can't get any answers to my questions on the WP forums or other support forums so I've given up on WP. I used to use Flutter, a custom fields wordpress plugin but it had so many bugs and the upload form wasn't working properly.

I've tried drupal, frog cms, typo3 hoping they'd all offer something similar but they just don't seem like the right choice.

I need something that allows for file management, so I can upload files/images etc and people can download them on the site. Something with categories and is customizable. It's frusterating knowing exactly what you want and not being able to figure it out, I don't make any money at the moment because I lost my job so I can't hire anyone but I do alot of graphic design and resource distribution so I figured these would be things I would focus on but the coding and management aspect are extremely difficult.

Anyone know of something that can help me?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it have to be for PHP? Perhaps you should look into a portal/community focused CMS like http://phpnuke.org
    in1.com | Bootply - Bootstrap playground