SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PHP Download Management Extension

About a year ago I stumbled across a great extension which allowed one to do all sorts of funky things in relation to managing file downloads. If I recall correctly, it allowed you to specify how many bytes were to be sent at given intervals (for limiting download speed), and also allowed you to specify the number of simultaneous connections that could be made to that script from a given IP. The most important feature of the extension however, was the ability to allow files to be downloaded only through PHP (ie. PHP could pass the files through from a directory not accessible via HTTP), which is great if you want to secure your downloads. Another thing it did, was allow downloads to be resumed.

I believe this was an extension either built-in, or bundled with PHP. I'm just trying to find it again but am not having much luck. Could anyone please assist?

Cheers

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks like it could be the extension I've been looking for. It certainly seems to be able to do what I'm after. I'm pretty sure that's the one actually. Thanks crmalibu