Results 1 to 13 of 13
Thread: help me put a value to a site..
Jul 2, 2009, 20:03 #1
- Join Date
- Jul 2005
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
help me put a value to a site..
I am negotiating the purchase of a website privately and could use some input on what it might be worth.
The site serves a niche audience in a specific area of sports/fitness. The site features a lot of unique content in the form of equipment reviews, articles specific to the niche, and a few other little tidbits. The articles are really a blog-format with a typical post fetching a dozen or so comments.
- Site is PR5.
- 4 years old. lots of backlinks.
- Alexa rank of ~250,000.
- Decent google placement on relevant keywords (lots of page 2 with a couple of more specific on page 1). I believe some SEO work could really improve this.
- Traffic is 70,000 uniques/month (60k new, 10k return visits)
- Opted in newsletter with 900 subscribers
- Revenues are only $200/month
- Unique professional desgin
Like any seller, he is talking up the potential revenue. Having been a reader of the site for some time, I was actually surprised revenues were so poor. I am sure there is some room for improvement in this area, but also believe if it were easily improved the current owner would have already done it. Monetization by current owner is advertising and affiliate sale (I suspect the $200 is mostly ad revenue, but he hasn't clarified this).
He is asking $7,500 based on 3 years of passive revenue. I feel it is too high, but the site is well established within the niche.