SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Do You Do When Your Website is Hacked!

Hi Guys,

What do you Do when someone hacked you website? I don't know how they can hacked into your website. and I would like to know if there ways that I can do in order to prevent any farther hacking of my site.
    Last week they hacked it with the names Metallica and yesterday they use a different name so I uploaded it again and publish my site, everything works fine.

Just now when I checked my website, it is again hacked! This time with the same name, the site is www.mynoogee.com.

Can you please tell me what else can I do?

Thanks for any comments or suggestion sand or advice.

Noogee

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sites get hacked because there is something wrong with the security, which allows them to get hacked. Unfortunately, there are many different places where security is necessary, so it can be difficult to figure out where the security weakness is.

I see that most of your pages use PHP. With a web search, I found a bunch of other pages hacked by "MeTaLLiCA". Does that look familiar? It looks like that group mostly attacks sites based on ASP, but some of the same methods could also work against PHP.

I suggest studying about a topic called "remote file inclusion" (RFI), and examining your source code to see if it might be vulnerable to it.

If you store data in a database, another topic you may need to study is called "SQL injection".

However, if it was the source code of your pages that was defaced, rather than database data, my guess is that you are dealing with some kind of an inclusion (RFI) attack.

The articles in my signature should help you learn about creating better website security, and the "How to clean up" one has a link to another article about how to create better security when you're using PHP.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first of all never share your password to others...and create your password as much as long...so its difficult to to hack....
    and after every 3o or 40 days change your password so its help you...