SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    SitePoint Zealot somecallmejosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Certified Internet Web Professionals?

    Anyone familiar with the Certified Internet Web Professional certifications? Anyone gone through the training and is now certified? If so, are you happy with the results

    Here's the link to the certifying body: http://www.ciwcertified.com
    Joshua K. Briley
    Website Design and Front End Development

  2. #2
    Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    8,111
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    While I myself have not taken the training I know plenty of people who have and are happy with the qualification... but that is all it is, it does not mean you will get a job offer at the end of it (theres a LOT of people out there with CIW's, MCSE's, CCNA's, A+, Degrees or whatever all competing for the same positions).

  3. #3
    SitePoint Enthusiast devAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree...in the end, its the skills that would still work for you not the certification, although it may look good in resumes.
    sig space open...

  4. #4
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I managed to get my work to pay for it in my last job, whilst I planned my exit at the same time. Unfortunately I hadn't accounted for the fact that I might actually fail the exams - 2 out of 3 of them I failed, due to lack of revision and being over-confident that I would breeze them. Unfortunately the answers are multiple choice, and often it seemed that more than 1 answer could arguably have been correct. That's my argument anyway
    The Urban Rebounding fitness fad
    Bargain Jukebox MP3 Player to play your favourite tunes

  5. #5
    SitePoint Zealot somecallmejosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexDawson View Post
    While I myself have not taken the training I know plenty of people who have and are happy with the qualification... but that is all it is, it does not mean you will get a job offer at the end of it (theres a LOT of people out there with CIW's, MCSE's, CCNA's, A+, Degrees or whatever all competing for the same positions).
    I agree with your statement that the Paper MCSE, for example, is common. I'd be interested in finding out why your friends are happy with qualification. Are they happy because they feel they've learned something, or b/c it helped them land a job, or both?
    Joshua K. Briley
    Website Design and Front End Development

  6. #6
    SitePoint Zealot somecallmejosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetch-Boy View Post
    I managed to get my work to pay for it in my last job, whilst I planned my exit at the same time. Unfortunately I hadn't accounted for the fact that I might actually fail the exams - 2 out of 3 of them I failed, due to lack of revision and being over-confident that I would breeze them. Unfortunately the answers are multiple choice, and often it seemed that more than 1 answer could arguably have been correct. That's my argument anyway
    Thanks for your feedback? Did you feel the test was poorly structured?
    Joshua K. Briley
    Website Design and Front End Development

  7. #7
    Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    8,111
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somecallmejosh View Post
    I agree with your statement that the Paper MCSE, for example, is common. I'd be interested in finding out why your friends are happy with qualification. Are they happy because they feel they've learned something, or b/c it helped them land a job, or both?
    Well as common as they are, they still do act as a baseline for a job application (as something people are expected or realistically could have). I don't have any of them myself but I would not be unhappy to have one if I got round to taking the exams.

  8. #8
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im not certified yet.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •